Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Our final three: 

17. Rory's graduation speech (TASP)
22.  Nanny comes to Paris' graduation, and brings the kids (TASP)
30.  Paris assigns Rory the piece on repaving the school parking lot and Rory turns it into a "bittersweet piece on how everybody and everything eventually becomes obsolete".  (N&N, S&N)

Our final two: 

17. Rory's graduation speech (TASP)
30.  Paris assigns Rory the piece on repaving the school parking lot and Rory turns it into a "bittersweet piece on how everybody and everything eventually becomes obsolete".  (N&N, S&N)

My vote: 30, which wouldn't have even made my top 10. 

---In the interim, maybe we can do a quick and fun one: premieres and finales! 

Just vote for the TWO of these episodes you want to eliminate: 

Pilot

Love, Daisies and Troubadours

Sadie, Sadie

I Can't Get Started 

Lazy Hazy Crazy Days 

Those Are Strings, Pinocchio 

Ballrooms & Biscotti 

Raincoats and Recipes 

Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller 

A House Is Not A Home 

New and Improved Lorelai

Partings

The Long Morrow 

Bon Voyage 

Lazy Hazy Days.

Could we do most loved scenes?  Or would that take years to complete each season?  There are some episodes I hate but that have one gem of a scene that makes it worth watching.

Kohola, we're voting against TWO, not one :) 

Maybe we could narrow it down by most loved ---- scenes? Like most loved friendship scenes, most loved family scenes, most loved romantic scenes? Otherwise, it'll probably be too unwieldy! I totally agree that even most of my least favorite episodes have a few great isolated scenes, so Best Scenes in Otherwise Sub-par Episodes would be awesome if not for the fact that there's obviously no consensus on which episodes are considered bad! (For example, LHC, which yu just voted against in this first round, is a favorite of mine!)   

We've Parted with Partings and prefer Original Recipe Lorelai to the 'New and Improved' version. The next round is open! We're still voting against two :)  

Pilot
Sadie, Sadie
I Can't Get Started
Lazy Hazy Crazy Days
Ballrooms & Biscotti
Raincoats and Recipes
Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller
A House Is Not A Home
The Long Morrow
Bon Voyage

Pilot
Sadie, Sadie
I Can't Get Started
Lazy Hazy Crazy Days
Ballrooms & Biscotti
Raincoats and Recipes
The Long Morrow
Bon Voyage

Our representatives from S5 and S6 are now history, and the next round is open! This is the last time we'll vote against TWO :) 

My votes: Sadie, Sadie doesn't Love Daisies and Troubadours (but she does love saying her own name twice for some inexplicable reason!)

Edited by amensisterfriend

Pilot
I Can't Get Started
Ballrooms & Biscotti
Raincoats and Recipes
The Long Morrow
Bon Voyage

Lazy Hazy (which I love beyond reason!) and Sadie Sadie (which...eh, it's probably my least favorite episode of all of S2) are history, and the next round is open! We're down to voting against just ONE :) 

My vote: Love, Daisies. and Troubadours (Am I the only one who had no idea what a troubadour was prior to watching GG?!)  

Still sticking with Raincoats. While the Kirk thing actually makes me laugh and I love what happens with Luke and Lorelei, Rory and Dean just ruin the entire thing for me. Plus, Jason bugs and Richard and Emily make me really sad.