Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E11: Great Expectations

• Start Topic

Oh absolutely, black people get punished a lot harsher than white people usually, not always though with athletes, look at what happened with Jameis Winston, he got away with a rape because he was a star. Athletics is a big money business on every level, and superstar athletes are part of the social elite that controls most of the justice system, that's why it is easier for them to get away with violent crimes. 

On 2/15/2017 at 10:33 PM, Xeliou66 said:

I didn't feel that much sympathy for the mom, I get that she was under her husbands control but she lied and covered for him and her son and had she spoken up well maybe the sons wouldn't have been abused and Jack wouldn't be dead. I was certainly losing my patience with her when Rollins was talking to her. 

I totally agree. She, like their father, was both the adult and the parent, therefore it was as much her job to protect the boys as it was his and she failed. He may have been "nice" to her and to them sometimes, but IMO that didn't give him the right to abuse the boys nor her the right to let him get away with it. As far as I'm concerned, if the "mom" had acted like a real mom a long time ago, then Kyle probably wouldn't have raped/ accidentally killed his best friend Jack, Adam probably wouldn't have wound up in the ICU and Jack would probably still be alive.

• Love 2