Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Full Frontal's Report On The Women's March

• Start Topic

I think Full Frontal has been having a hard time finding the right tone since the election (the brief "woke Glenn Beck" period), and I'm back to watching a clip here or there on YouTube rather than watching it nightly. That said, the protest song made me ugly cry, full Claire Danes.

1 hour ago, annewithaneee said:

I think Full Frontal has been having a hard time finding the right tone since the election (the brief "woke Glenn Beck" period), and I'm back to watching a clip here or there on YouTube rather than watching it nightly.

This is my own emotional state, but I've been fast-forwarding quite a bit because Sam continues to present everything at such an anxious, exited level. It's too stressful for me when everything is pitched at 10.

That said, the protest song made me ugly cry, full Claire Danes.

I'd seen part of the viral video, those women singing at the march--but I was unprepared for the full version here, even after seeing your comment. So I am making deranged Not Crying! faces at the office and frankly grateful a lot of folks are out sick. 

• Love 1

The women's performance of "[Can't Keep] Quiet" here was just so gorgeous and moving. I went to buy the song from MILCK but honestly, the live a cappella version is far more powerful and beautifully arranged.

Here's the song link for sale on MILCK's site at Bandcamp, but -- again -- it's just not as powerful as the live versions (I've saved all of them).

https://milckmusic.bandcamp.com/releases

I know Sam keeps the tension dialed up to 11, but I get why. She's the only one out there speaking as a woman, and her palpable horror, anger and disbelief are sometimes a perfect tonic for me in this nightmarish time. I mean, week one is already horrific.

So this reminded me that I will not, won't, keep quiet. I will keep speaking and petitioning and marching and doing what I can.

Edited by paramitch
Album link
  • Love 5