Type keyword(s) to search

xXx: The Return of Xander Cage (2017)

revbfc
  • Start Topic

I have no problems with sequels, but it's been 12 years since the last film.  At least the Fast and Furious franchise has been steadily releasing films every few years.  Maybe the producers assume the same audience will pay to see this? Guess we'll find out.

The last one did so poorly that no one has ever noticed that the set for the underground xxx base at the beginning of the movie was recycled for Star Trek...As the interior of the Enterprise.

Vin Diesel's second go at making a franchise without 'Fast' and/or 'Furious' in the title. (The Last Witch Hunter was a no-go. And yes, I know the first xXx was previous, but I don't think Vin was thinking franchise then, which is why he bailed for the second one.)

A.V. Club called this 'gloriously dumb' and that description is apt. It's dumber than a bag of hammers, but it seems to know it. It doesn't commit fully to the Jump Street/Baywatch formula, but it definitely leans in that direction. The bad guys have a macguffin that kills people by having satellites fall on them

2 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

Vin Diesel's second go at making a franchise without 'Fast' and/or 'Furious' in the title. (The Last Witch Hunter was a no-go. And yes, I know the first xXx was previous, but I don't think Vin was thinking franchise then, which is why he bailed for the second one.)

Third try: The Pitch Black/Riddick movies.

• Love 1