Type keyword(s) to search

Speculation and Spoilers

• Start Topic

From Ask Ausiello:

The Good Fight will examine the alt-right phenomenon during a Season 1 episode penned by Robert and Michelle King. The hour will feature a familiar-sounding ” gay conservative/libertarian who’s an intellectual gadfly, an articulate, over-educated trickster who regards politics as a mischievous game; he loves causing trouble and sowing discord among his enemies.”

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: I see you attended the premiere of The Good Fight on Wednesday night. Don’t leave us hanging — what did you think?!

Ausiello: My formal review will arrive in the coming days (after I screen the second episode, which just hit my desk). But here’s what I can tell you in the meantime: It’s good. It’s too soon to say if it’s Good Wife good, but, judged on its own merits, the premiere is a really solid hour of television, boasting expectedly strong performances from franchise vets Christine Baranski and Cush Jumbo as well as newbie Rose Leslie, whose Maia is essentially the Alicia of the story. Now for a few very mild spoilers: Josh Charles’ late Will makes not one but two “cameos” in the opener, at least three F-bombs are dropped (and not all of them by Baranski’s Diane) and the opening title sequence is quite, ahem, smashing.

The Good Fight Team on Confronting "Trump Fatigue" in season 2

It sounds like Maia will be stronger this season. A lot of people grew tired of her nervous and naive demeanour in season one so it's a good direction to go in.  What's happening to Maia at the beginning of the season would give them a good opportunity to get rid of Amy and hire a new actress they actually want to write for. 

Edited by Oreo2234

Now that I have finally watched Game of Thrones, I understand why they hired Rose Leslie but...I still hate her character. Kudos for playing a completely different type but as written, she is completely annoying. Hoping she gets killed off in season two but I'm not holding my breath. It feels like ages since the first season aired. They will have to do a "previously" clip right after the opening credits. I would really like them to focus on the law firm & Diane, and completely cut out Maia's family. I find dysfunctual wealthy people boring. We hear enough about them on the news.

• Love 2

I liked Maia well enough, I thought Leslie's performance was solid, and I liked her developing friendship with Lucca. That said, I do think the writing for her was uneven,  they need to strengthen her in the second season, show more of her in court, and keep Lucca and Maia's friendship. As I said in the prior post, it does sound like they will be at least making her stronger next season. She's supposed to have spent some time in jail in between the seasons. 

Glad to hear Gary Cole is returning. I've always liked Kurt.

I'm not that happy to hear Justin Bartha is returning though. I like him as an actor but I'd prefer Lucca's story not be so centred on Colin.  Colin and Lucca as the the main couple of the show doesn't quite work for me. 

It feels like ages since the first season aired. They will have to do a "previously" clip right after the opening credits.

They should do a decent promotional push for its second season. It's been a long time since its season finale and The Good Fight doesn't quite have the buzz or passion surrounding it to get a lot of its audience to tune in again if they aren't sufficiently reminded about it.

Edited by Oreo2234

From Ask Ausiello:

Question: I’ve recently binged on The Good Fight and am obsessed. Any new news on Season 2? —Zara

Ausiello: I hear an upcoming Season 2 episode of the CBS All Access legal drama will feature a case loosely inspired by the recent Aziz Ansari-spawned “affirmative consent” debate.