Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E11: 15 Girls Perform

• Start Topic

So. . . . apparently this is the year of the white blonde girls sitting on the bench.  Not wrong necessarily, just an interesting choice. Discuss.

This was the first episode of the season I tuned in for, and I was thinking it might be OK for me to watch this show again.  Then they went and referred to Randy as the "Dawgfather."  Testing my patience already.

And there are "non-denominational spiritual advisers" this season.  I . . .just . . . what?

This is the first time I've ever watched American Idol, I started in the audition episodes (though not the first one) because I'm a big fan of Harry Connick Jr. and I wanted to see if he would actually give good advise to the contestants. He does and it's awesome. Part of the reason I hadn't watched it before was evidenced in this episode where half of the girls choose super ballads to display their ability to do runs and I can't stand it. There are very few people who do it well and when they do it's natural sounding, it's not shoehorned in to make you seem fancy. I love that Harry calls people out on that. I thought Majesty Rose was amazing, I thought it was a great song choice. I also really liked Malaya and MK. I was Meh about the rest, not that they're not good singers, of course they are, but their performances were boring to me. Malaya was great! Majesty was ADORABLE. MK was super sweet (and apparently I only like M names... interesting)