Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Reverie

I saw the "guy gets knocked off the train" thing coming, but I didn't see Chip deciding to call Martha. They were obviously telegraphing her as the obvious choice, but I thought they'd continue to have him pursue help from his mother or his wife, and be left in jail a few more episodes while they ignore him, only to have Martha eventually find out by accident where he is and show up to rescue him and him be a jerk to her when she arrives.

I guess he's not been so oblivious as he pretends he is (which is a relief, because you'd have to be truly brain dead not to notice), or maybe he has a little self-preservation instinct left in him.  I just hope he's not horrible to her, and his resolve to stop making his life difficult comes with a true change of heart.

I liked seeing her smile. I hope she shows another side to herself, and doesn't just continue taking punches.

I liked him saying he doesn't know what his excuse is, but he doesn't have a whole story about it either.

• Love 3

Yeah, it was easy to predict that Orpheus (right?) was going to get killed, but I still jumped when it happened. It was freaky! I wish I hadn't deleted the ep from my DVR because I want to look at it again. The effect was well done for shock effect.

I was surprised that Chip had such a nice time at the after-the-rodeo party. The kids turned out to be very nice, even asking for Chip's autograph. The little boy holding Chip's hand and joking around with him was sweet. I hope Chip was remembering this accurately and that we don't see the whole party again with a sadder reality.

Chip blowing his nose into the plastic bags was funny, like a bit a clown would do.

How long has Martha had that cast on her arm?

• Love 1
6 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Yeah, it was easy to predict that Orpheus (right?) was going to get killed, but I still jumped when it happened. It was freaky! I wish I hadn't deleted the ep from my DVR because I want to look at it again. The effect was well done for shock effect.

Yeah, definitely one of the most convincing of that kind of effect I've seen. Which is even more impressive for a cable comedy show without a big budget.

• Love 1