Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E11: Touch and Go

James and Zoe work to help a teenage girl with a rare skin blistering disorder, employing radical treatments to heal her skin in time for her to attend her school prom. Also, as Louis Keating’s GSS condition gets worse, James is tempted to use his experimental cure to save him. And Malik is jealous over the special connection between James and Zoe, while Zoe awkwardly meets James’ new crush, Nina.

Are they really trying to make the viewers despise Zoe or what?  She's disgusting the way she's playing James against her lover.  It's not good at all.  I hope she gets some payback.  

The prom might have been sweet, but, it didn't add up to me.  Not attending the prom due to some serious illness is not a travesty. People miss proms all the time and it doesn't destroy their lives.   Maybe, it was just an attempt at a good feel good story, but, I would think their time could have been better spent on saving lives. 

I wish Nina had cautioned James of the consequences of using that drug without approval. Instead, she challenged him.  I wonder if she administered the man the med in attempt to keep James out of it, if it hits the fan.   Maybe, she volunteered to do it.   I suppose she could still get in some licensing problems, though.  if the man is saved, what will the they do?  Report it and get in trouble or keep it quiet?  There's something about her that I don't like either.  lol  James deserves someone very special.  I haven't seen it yet on this show. 

• Love 2

Bored with the office crushes. Storylines have already been done to death on virtually every other dramatic show and just take away from the far more intriguing life-altering medical issues.

SunnyBee. Yes, nice they could actually wrap the girl's fragile skin to enable her to go to her prom but I think they were making it far more pinning everything on going than the girl herself had who had actually had had the maturity to accept that there are some things that are out of the question due to serious medical conditions.  Perhaps one or more of the docs should have talked to girls who wished they had NOT gone to their proms due to disasters during and afterwards.

Interesting storyline re the virus that outwardly made the man appear to be a homeless drunk then got misdiagnosed as diabetes before finally being pinpointed as a hithero unknown virus from a tic.  Still, considering that they did NOT know where the source was from initially and whether it was contagious, I was a bit appalled that they let the patient's small child have patient contact-to say nothing of letting him see his father having seizures in front of him with no one attempting to keep that child from being needlessly traumatized by their parent's almost inevitable death.

Good point about Nina egging James to risk everything to  try to save Mr. Keating's life including possible prison time for them. I think it also needs to be mentioned that, in addition to the lopsided power dynamics re a wealthy employer,supervisor pursuing an employee, there also exists the possibility of an employee literally kissing up to said wealthy employer rather than a purely ascetic and/or emotional loving for said employer.

Edited by Blergh
addendum

I agree on the romances etc. I got very tired of the Doctor blathering about the prom.

When they found the ticks, someone said there was a nest of them. So why collect only one?

I thought James might take the patient into international waters to administer the forbidden medicine.

• Love 1
On 1/14/2017 at 7:41 PM, Driad said:

I agree on the romances etc. I got very tired of the Doctor blathering about the prom.

When they found the ticks, someone said there was a nest of them. So why collect only one?

I thought James might take the patient into international waters to administer the forbidden medicine.

Excellent idea!  Man, we are sitting on a goldmine as writers and don't even realize it. lol 

• Love 1