Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Step It Up from Day to Night

On 1/13/2017 at 4:24 PM, cpcathy said:

Chelsea's is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen, I thought she looked like a Mario Brother.

On 1/13/2017 at 5:39 PM, rose711 said:

Huh. I didn't get that vibe at all. I've played a good deal of Mario brothers and other Mario games. As everyone knows, they wear loose blue handyman overalls over a long sleeve shirt with a hat in the same color as the shirt. (Not to mention the white gloves and mustaches!)

I just don't see that at all in what she made.
I see the firefighter comparison mentioned in the article -maybe because of the color? I thought her outfit looked feminine. 

Interesting, because I can totally see it--Both are cartoonish overalls . 

Also, fwiw,  Mario bros' overalls are not loose at all, not that I've ever seen. (ok..maybe Halloween costume versions, lol) 

I can see the firefighter reference too, even though firefighters don't wear overalls, but actually wear turnout pants (sometimes with suspenders, so there's that).   I think it's definitely the color at the bottom of the legs that does it for me, since nothing else about it is anything like what a firefighter wears. 

Edited by Scorpiosunshine
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, snarktini said:

it wasn't even a little day to night,

This is what bothered me most about her win. How was that day to night? and wasn't day to night the whole point of the challenge? So, she basically didn't do the challenge and wins? Oye. I mean, I didn't hate it, I think it is interesting but it is not day to night, who would wear those to work or going out at night. Maybe if you're a club kid who works from home.

• Love 2
On 1/12/2017 at 9:29 PM, Straycat80 said:

Rene: a 60 year old woman would not dress in a cagey outfit with a crop top. At least not where I live anyway. I did like his exit though. 

I question Rene's taste level anyway with his penchant for dressing like a suburban mom. With that cartwheel/split exit of his, I would think he could joozh it up a bit.

• Love 1
On 1/13/2017 at 3:54 PM, lark37 said:

Izzy is a favorite of mine, and I think her sprout is cute-very Dr Seuss. She is also from Mt. Pleasant Michigan where both of my sons and daughter in law went to college at Central Michigan University.

Represent!  I work at CMU and my son is good friends with Izzy.  We (I) am watching this show for the first time and thoroughly enjoying it.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, mahree said:
19 hours ago, mahree said:

Represent!  I work at CMU and my son is good friends with Izzy.  We (I) am watching this show for the first time and thoroughly enjoying it.

Fire up Chips! My youngest son is currently a freshman at CMU. Lots of criticism for Izzy here. It bothers me when kids are criticised for being too twee or immature. IMO kids are forced to grow up way too quickly these days. Let them act like kids when they are kids!  Now last seasons winner, Erin, is a different story.  Her childish actions were not cute at her age. I hope Izzy continues to do well whether she wins or not, and I'm sure your son and her other friends are supportive of Izzy's fashion aspirations. 

• Love 4
On 1/13/2017 at 8:43 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Tim was right about Cartier's design being too simple. A reversible vest and a slip dress? Yawn. When she said that she liked the short length because it would sit well underneath the vest, all I could think was yes, but how will this girl sit down during the day without her bare ass touching the subway seat?

That's why as a buyer, I'd instantly take a pass on Cartier's outfit. I don't even like wearing shorts on the subway, much less having my bare ass in direct contact with the seats. I'm seriously finding myself disagreeing with these judges a ton this season, because I didn't see what was so good about Chelsea's neoprene (can they just retire that fabric already?) fireman outfit, or whatever the hell it was supposed to be. If I was judging, I'd have gone with Allie's 50s inspired look for the win, because that's actually something I can see people buying for an everyday look.

On 1/12/2017 at 11:44 PM, kat165 said:

I found it funny that the kids seem to have no real world concept of jobs - Akai's "girl" doesn't work, but her husband does; Chelsea's girl is some kind of boutique owning spy. Very entertaining.

I find the lot of them to be very young for their ages.

A'Kai should never have been cast for this season, maybe in a couple of years.  He is way too young for his age and he is a young age.  It has been torture to see him week after week so upset.  Shame on his parents.  They should have told him to wait a couple of years and use the time to get his sewing skills together.  He has ideas but no way to implement them using sewing skills or the maturity to calm down and manage his time.

• Love 4