Type keyword(s) to search

Supernatural Repeat Challenge

sarthaz
  • Start Topic

Here's the "game" -- I name something that is repeated over and over throughout Supernatural, and we try to find as many examples of it as possible.  The winner is everyone, because we're all winners for watching this show and posting on this forum.  I could try to keep some kind of score tally, or we could just have fun with it.  When it seems like responses are dying out, I'll add more things to look for to the master list.  If you find an exmaple, you may also suggest something new to look for that I'll add to this post.  I'll start with two things and one example each to get us started.

1) Long Hallway Full of Doors

They love to use a long hallway full of doors for dramatic effect, even when it makes no sense in the building's structure.  Off-hand, you should be able to think of a bunch of these, but I'll start with this one:

• 8.12 - As Time Goes By - The MoL clubhouse is a big hallway full or doors that Abaddon dramatically opens one by one while looking for Henry.
  • 3.10 - Dream a Little Dream of Me - When Dean gets trapped in the dream, the hallway and floral wallpaper extend and as Dean goes down it, it turns into real woods.
  • 10.17 - Inside Man - Heaven is a long hallway full of doors

2) Winchester Announces What's Happening Instead of Killing/Escaping

This could take the form of alerting the monster to an impending blow or allowing a Demon to smoke out by yelling "Hey!" for no reason ... or this gem from Season 4:

• 4.22 - Lucifer Rising - When the final seal is broken, and it's clear some bad shit is about to happen, Dean smartly wants to get the Hell out of there; but Sammy holds him up and stands there dramatically and says, "Dean.  He's coming."  Because why?
  • 10.23 - Brother's Keeper - The Darkness is coming and Dean's trying to drive the Impala out of a pothole, but Sam grabs him by the shoulder and points to The Darkness and says, "Dean", because apparently that's his move.
Edited by sarthaz

For "Long Hallway Full of Doors" - sort of, because it may only be a long hallway, but it is for dramatic effect so maybe counts?

"Dream A Little Dream of Me" - when Dean gets trapped in the dream, the hallway and floral wallpaper extend and as Dean goes down it, it turns into real woods.

• Love 2