Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Cabin 28: Horror in the Woods

A long-cold case that may be heating up is examined. In 1981 Keddie, Cal., the investigation into the murders of a woman and three teens hits a wall. Fast forward three decades and recently discovered evidence may be key to cracking case.

For some reason , the woman's name seemed familiar to me , but I had no recollection of the crime. Horrible.

If the guys next door did the crime, I can't figure out why they took the youngest girl and dumped her body elsewhere, but left the other dead bodies in the house. And why kill the girl, but leave the younger boys alive?

This was the first episode of the series for me, and I was pretty impressed. No annoying narration. No over-the-top re-enactments. Well told story. I hope the other episodes are as good.

• Love 3
On 12/3/2016 at 11:53 PM, azshadowwalker said:

For some reason , the woman's name seemed familiar to me , but I had no recollection of the crime. Horrible.

If the guys next door did the crime, I can't figure out why they took the youngest girl and dumped her body elsewhere, but left the other dead bodies in the house. And why kill the girl, but leave the younger boys alive?

This was the first episode of the series for me, and I was pretty impressed. No annoying narration. No over-the-top re-enactments. Well told story. I hope the other episodes are as good.

I assume they took her to spend some time sexually assaulting her. However, leaving the younger boys alive is so bizarre to me. Wasn't one of them the son or step-son of the next door neighbor guys? I've forgotten a lot of details. 

From what I've read, the girl was in her bedroom and the boys were in another.  It is conjectured that she left her room to see what was going on during the attack.  One of the boys doing an overnight with the victim's young sons that night was related to the main suspect--that may have been what saved them.

Agree, sadly, that the girl was probably sexually assaulted and then killed.  The oldest girl was fortunate to not be home that night. The main rage was against the mother, and the older son and his friend came home at the wrong time and had to be taken out too.  They may have cooled down a bit when the younger girl came out of her room.  

This case could have been easily solved when it occurred, but there was something hinky going on with the law enforcement in that town at the time.  It sounds like the attack happened simply because the mother rebuffed one of the men--her son and his friend were collateral damage.