Type keyword(s) to search

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure can ask the tough questions without meaning to do so. This week: did Rohan the manga artist molest Koichi and Hazamada?

Seriously, if you kept flashing back to that old guy from WKRP doing weird shit with Arnold Jackson and his friend, I wouldn't blame you. Basically, the tiny boys (did not notice Hazamada was that wee) find out a famous mangaka is living in Morioh. One thing leads to another, and then Rohan basically turns the boys into high-concept cosplay. Seriously, I think that I'd have to hit a really big anime show to see somebody have a face that opens up to reveal tightly-written pages. This is Heaven's Door. Rohan is so awesome, Bob Dylan's lawyers were okay with that title being used. Or maybe it's past the statue of limitations. Turns out Rohan's Stand can open people up like books and read their life histories, which is weirdly esoteric but understandable. And he needs inspiration, and he hit the mother lode with Koichi and his knowledge of Stands . .. enough to rip a fucking page from his face and fix things for Koichi to unknowingly come back for regular "sessions." Oh, and the experience caused Koichi to lose 20 kilograms. That's 44 lb., right? How is a guy that small still alive? Good thing Josuke and Okuyasu are snooping on him. Who needs to go to school anyway. If Kagome can miss months of school at a time to pal around in Feudal Japan . . .

Yeah, it's molestation. At least to me.

No opening credits; ending now has Rohan's studio, along with Rohan, Akira, Joseph and the Invisible Baby.

On 11/27/2018 at 2:54 AM, Sandman87 said:

And did he do his Home Alone hands-to-the-face expression when he said it?

No, that happened when Joseph found out Hermit Purple was not effective birth control.

• Love 2

I only caught the cold open because I was watching SNL. Like I said two weeks ago, we have new credits. This is "Chase," which might be the closest DiU gets to opening credits like the other three editions.

The freaky fast, freaky good manga artist with the seriously freaky stand meets his match with Josuke. Then Koichi acts as Mr. Exposition to retell the story of how Josuke got his hairstyle. I can't help but conclude Josuke was/is/will be responsible for his own hairstyle via stable time-loop bootstrap paradox.

Time loops? Hey, why the hell out at this point? Koichi's secondhand story comes after Jouske defeated Rohan through blind rage. This is a guy whose Stand turns people into literal open books, AND he's voiced by Vic Mignoga.

Seriously, Koichi got worked so hard. With Yukako, Koichi would have stilled died, but he would not have have died a virgin. Okuyasu unknowing lighting himself on fire was also funny.

Anybody watch Rohan go nuts on the page get flashbacks of Teru Mikami from Death Note? Only with manga instead of screaming "DELETE!!!!!" and writing in a Death Note?

This week: Nephew and uncle go rat-hunting, because Aspiring Rock Star shot a rat with the enchanted bow and arrow, and now it has a Stand. Wait, Akira shot two rats. Josuke kills one, the other tries to Cronenberg Jotaro. In the end, Josuke gets the job done, and we get one less Stand to deal with. Its name is "Ratt," by the way. I don't think it came up.

After Iggy and Pet Shop, a Stand-using animal isn't so unusual . . . but Ratt's flesh-melting effects are horrifying. One or both of the rats turned would-be rivals into a writhing mass, and stufed a couple in the refrigerator. I don't think that would qualify for this list, though. "Bug-Eaten" was so dangerous, Jotaro had to bring out Star Platinum: The World's time-stopping abilities to deal with it . . . and even then he got nailed by a few barbs.

Bad news: no "new" episodes for three weeks. Also, the series is moved to 1:30. A quick look at the Wikia shows we'll have another one-shot episode.

Spoiler

Rohan returns! And we get to see Heaven's Door!

On 12/17/2018 at 3:16 AM, Sandman87 said:

Wait, the guy shot two rats with the bow and they both got exactly the same stand? WTF? Why would it work that way for rats when it doesn't do that for people?

This ain't Jojo's Adventures Where There's an Acceptable Amount of Logic. Two rats got shot, they both wound up with tank-like Stands that can dissolve flesh. And Jotaro had a different outfit on for some reason. Maybe that's the camouflage look for him?

What's better coming from Santa: "Jo Jo Jo!" or "Ho Ho OH MY GOD!!!!!!!"

Edited by Lantern7

After some thought, I've decided that he must have gotten both rats with one shot, so they both got the same energy (or whatever).

4 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

What's better coming from Santa: "Jo Jo Jo!" or "Ho Ho OH MY GOD!!!!!!!"

The second one, but only if he does the hands-to-the-face pose.

It’s bizarre that a rat got a ranged sniper style attack, but maybe that’s what rats dream about?  It’s also strange that Jotaro acquired master tracker skills somewhere.  

This episode did a great job showing off Jotaro’s “hat in the front, hair in the back” thing, which makes a lot less sense than the rats. 

A ghost story tied to the "killer licking the hand like a dog" urban legend? As Hirohiko Araki might put it: "Why the fuck not?!? Oh, and OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWDDDDD!!!!!!"

Basically, Rohan ropes Koichi into playing tour guide to his old home town, not really getting that if you deconstruct someone and violate them, they're not going to be too eager to help out. But since Koichi is Koichi, we wind up with the guys meeting a girl who was killed sixteen years ago. Her dog's with her as well. Yes, he's also dead. Yes, I still think Araki has issues with canines in general. Anyway, Koichi and Rohan (is there any other character Vic Mignoga voices that sounds like that?) end up going through the whole Morpheus/"Don't Look Back At What's Following You" ordeal, with Rohan saving Koichi by taking his eyesight after he gets fooled. Oh, and it turns out young Reimi Sugimoto had died saving a four-year-old Rohan, so he's probably going into the quest to find the killer.

Oh, and we meet what might be the Big Bad of Diamond is Unbreakable . . . a blonde guy named Kira who talks to a woman as they drive to a rendezvous. Expect, oops, it's her detached forearm and hand, the same kind of thing we've seen a few times already.

In other news, Heaven's Door comes out as an odd-looking short man, similar to Rohan's manga protagonist. Nice-looking Stand. What do you think?

ETA: I stumbled into this on Facebook. Thoughts?

Edited by Lantern7

Ugh. My DVR cut off the end of the episode right at the point where Koichi turns around.

For a few minutes I thought that maybe the street was going to turn out to be a stand or a stand user. Kind of an anime version of Danny the Street.

Loved the ghost story. It's a perfect take on the scary stories that kids tell each other, complete with the fact that if they were true no one alive would know the story to tell it.

On 1/6/2019 at 8:44 PM, Sandman87 said:

Ugh. My DVR cut off the end of the episode right at the point where Koichi turns around.

Did you ever get to watch the rest of the episode? Koichi turns around to see disembodied hands ready to do who-knows-what with him. Rohan saves him . . . but since he's Rohan, he does it in the most dick way possible, using Heaven's Door to take Koichi's eyesight. And then they're free.

Free-associating: if the main villain is "Kira," and that was the name Light Yagami went by in Death Note . . . would that mean Light's Stand would be Ryuk?

ETA: Tonight's episode: Jotaro & Okuyasu meet Shigekiyo Yangu, a weird-looking kid with the bug-like group Stand known as Harvest (Neil Young reference). Basically, it's a get-rich-quick scheme where the guys wind up fighting. In other news, Koichi finds that Yukako is following him. Well, if she likes short guys, she would friggin' adore Shigekiyo. Well, if she looks past the weird bumps/horns on his bald head. Maybe she'd like those.

Edited by Lantern7

Don't get me started. I still have a pad of Mr Bill notepaper around here somewhere.

Jotaro & Okuyasu meet a young kid with a spiky head who has the Stand version of the old "rounding error" bank fraud computer program. Getting rich one penny at a time. Naturally he turns into a jerkass the moment any real money is involved.

Damn, those little Harvest collectors run fast!

Japan culture note: Jotaro mentioned that Okuyasu should be able to collect on his lottery ticket as long as he has his ID and his name stamp. In Japan those stamps (hanko or inkan) are registered with the government, and are used instead of signatures on legal documents. People usually pay a professional to design theirs, similar to the way we might pay  someone to make up some business cards.

This week: the boys engage in fraud to collect 5 million yen!* And then Shigekiyo shows how dangerous Harvest can be. Nothing quite says "fuck off" than getting stabbed in the eye, as Okuyashu discovered. While I still insist Josuke is a meathead (at least compared to the other Jojo's), he's pretty good at thinking on his feet. Then we got Okuyashu, who didn't think of "The Hand removing space" trick to catch up with Shigekiyo. And the little guy can be a bastard, but he's good with Harvest . . . especially as speedy transportation.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:00 AM, Sandman87 said:

Japan culture note: Jotaro mentioned that Okuyasu should be able to collect on his lottery ticket as long as he has his ID and his name stamp. In Japan those stamps (hanko or inkan) are registered with the government, and are used instead of signatures on legal documents. People usually pay a professional to design theirs, similar to the way we might pay  someone to make up some business cards.

Do you know when that started? Because I don't think that was the case back in 1999. Of course, our heroes would be dense enough not to look at the back of the ticket to see another person's name and phone number. And since this is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, the banker was sinister and over-the-top as hell. Luckily, Crazy/Shining Diamond can apparently rearrange numbers and characters. Hey, why not? On the other hand, nice job remaining viewers that most people can't see Stands.

*I don't know how to make the "yen" sign.

Next week?

Spoiler

Yukako returns for a one-shot story! Hopefully, Koichi will come out of that with far less mental trauma.

Edited by Lantern7

"Something weird is happenin' in my pants!" Yeah dude, you're at that age. Reminds me of Hank Venture (or was it Dean) running in circles and yelling "Teepee in my pants!"

18 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Do you know when that started?

They entered general use (for non-nobles) around the 1870s.

This week: one-shot tale without either set of credits, pitting Yukako against a salon owner who fancies herself a fairy godmother. Her Stand's name is Cinderella, so . . . yeah, I can see that. And it's a U.S. band reference that wouldn't get lawyers mad. The episode explains the bit from the opening credits, which included an interpretation of what Love Deluxe would look like given that it is to Yukako what Hermit Purple is to Oldjo. Yukako gets her yandere moments with Aya Tsuji, but I think we got a happy ending with Yukao and Koichi being a couple. Like I said: if she kills him, he won't die a virgin. I'll have to rewatch this episode, because it's not clear in my mind.

Here's an article excerpt from OtakUSA on Golden Wind, which is airing in Japan. I'm thinking we get this on Toonami next year, but I'm probably wrong on that.

Salon Lady is less a fairy godmother than she is a limited scope Jerkass Genie. "You want to get your guy? Sure, just follow these simple but annoying instructions. But I'm not going to tell you the horrible consequences that will result from you inevitably not doing as you were told."

I enjoyed the art still frames in this ep - they did a nice job illustrating Yukiko and the Cinderella stand user in storybook fashion. 

This is the second stand recently that can slice up or peel off someone’s body, making this a particularly strong season for body horror aficionados.  Yuck!

I'm not sure Jotaro can do that since his stand can't fixed anything that's permanently destroyed (I think it came up in relation to The Hand's ability).  I'm not sure how I feel about the episode.  Overall it was good but I don't like pairing off Yukako and Koichi especially this quickly given what she did to him earlier.  But the whole crew is quick to befriend former enemies so it is fitting with the story.

This week: Yoshikage Kira! Wait, his name ends in "kage." Does that make him "King of the Yoshis"? Probably not, but he is super creepy, traveling around with a severed female hand and talking to it like he's on The Bachelor. His full-on debut clashes with the story: a comedy of errors where Shigechi inadvertently grabs Kira's bag from the upscale sandwich shop. Turns out it's got a sandwich inside, as well as a severed female hand. Kira winds up getting the bag back before Josuke and Okuyashu notice, but his secret is revealed to Shigechi. After monotoning about wanting a nice orderly life, Kira responds to Harvest coming out with his own Stand: Killer Queen Deadly Queen, which looks way more menacing than a swarm of weird-looking bugs.

Seriously, though, is Shigechi actually human? I know this is pure fiction, but his proportions are fucked up, and I can't explain the crap on his bald head. Horns? Tumors?

@Matt K: The Hand basically erases stuff. Basic, but I think it's true. If The Hand wipes something out, Josuke can't fix it with his Stand.

ETA: A montage of Star Platnium’s beatdowns. Also, Lil’ Jotaro destroying Alessi.

Edited by Lantern7

The severed hand guy finally gets his story started, and he manages to remind me even more of the Tom Lehrer song I mentioned before. He's even carrying a severed hand around in a sandwich shop bag! Hilarity ensues when there's an accidental bag swap. Looks like the spikey-head kid is in serious trouble, because the guy is a stand user, and his stand is called Killer Deadly Queen.

This episode: Shigechi leaves this world the same way he entered it: screaming and worthless. I doubt there was an explosion at his birth, though.

Anyway, Kira's Stand can make whatever it touches able to explode, and "Deadly" Queen blows up Shigechi. Twice. There's no trace of the little mutant, but one lone Harvest critter delivers a button from Kira's jacket before vanishing. Oh, and Reimi and her dog get to see Shigechi floating to the heavens, still screaming in terror.

The Stand users of Morioh get together . . . possibly to pose for the picture at the start of the credits, but to basically show us that shit just turned serious. Jotaro's in a new outfit . . . once again, I think he wears stuff like that because he can pass as a teen with questionable fashion tastes. He takes the button and does some investigating. And because he's supposed to be underestimated due to his thuggish looks, he manages to track down a lead with a tailor. And we basically get this:

Tailor: That button is familiar! Well, boy howdy, I keep my clientele information in the ol' noggin! But I got the jacket right here!

Koichi: Oh, wow! Originally, I accompanied Jotaro because I needed to be more involved with the main plot and that he's way stronger than Josuke. But it looks like I'm here to see the mystery solved!

Jotaro: (grunting, showing no emotion)

Tailor: Lessee . . .  must be gettin' too old. I can't read this character!

Jotaro: Yara yara daze. We can read it for you.

Tailor: Nope, I got it. It's-

[twelve seconds later]

Tailor: MY HAND BLEW UP!! HOW IN ALL THE LIVING FUCK DID MY HAND BLOW UP??!?!??? MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Jotaro: [unnerved] Look! A hand grabbing the jacket!

Koichi: In a moment of rashness, I'll stop this asshole!!

Jotaro: Kid, you do realize there's something on the guy's shoulder telling us to look at it.

Koichi: But the killer!!

Jotaro: And it's ticking.

Kira: [thinking] My, my, my. This has been an eventful week for me. Now I have to murder this innocent tailor to hide my murderous intent. At least there's a new woman waiting for me back home. Well, just her hand with a ring on it. And "Single Ladies" won't be released for years. Ah, well.

Tailor: [looking at his shoulder] What the hell is that?!? Wait, how can I see a Stan-

Kira: Bang.

[explosion; "To Be Continued." Cue Savage Garden]

The hand-guy killed the annoying spikey-head kid! Turns out that he's so cheap that he gets his tailoring done at a shoe shop.

Turning things into bombs isn't exactly an original power. I've come to expect a little more from this show.

I’m not going to miss Shigechi, but I’m glad we’re moving forward on the main baddie.  I was surprised we didn’t have Josuke put him back together though. 

Possibly I’ve watched the Flash too much; I kept waiting for OldJo to vibe the button they found.

I finally spotted the Cinderella sign in the end credits (overhead in the train station) so I’m feeling good about that.  

Question: why is it that when Koichi levels up, he acts like a complete and utter screechy punk before that time?

Actually, I can't really blame him. Kira leaves behind a little present for him and Jotaro: Heart Attack, a tiny tank that loves to explode, even when Kira is far out of reasonable range. You know it's tough when Star Platinum can't do shit against it. Once Jotaro is knocked out and probably dead (waiting for the Josuke ex Machina), Koicihi manages to hold his own, albeit extremely loudly. Getting Echoes Act 2 Reverb Act 2 to stick a "sizzle" onto Heart Attack, fooling the heat-sensing Stand (Stand-lite? Shorty Stand?) But that gets blown up . . . only to be reborn as Reverb Act 3; a weird-looking robot figure that we see in the "chase" credits. Also, it can think for itself. And it weighs down Heart Attack deep into the ground. This is awesomely funny, since Kira can feel that while he's having coffee, breaking a glass into pieces. And a table. And then he inadvertently rips a waiter's top off.

I think I like Kira. His whole deal is control and order, and he honestly gets perturbed when someone defies him. Look at him talking with doomed Shigechi last week. "Ah, those two boys also have Stands? I wish to learn more about them. Hurry up, boy! An adult is giving you an order." And I'm digging the leitmotif. It's calm and villainous . . . perfect for the well-dressed sociopath with a woman's hand in his jacket.

ETA: I went to a small comic show this weekend. I got my first DiU sketches What do you think?

josuke-diamond.thumb.JPG.bb732c7293887d58ec741923737ab1db.JPGrohan-heavens-door.thumb.JPG.0af6fc4ca37678e2451d7c159a6001a1.JPG

Edited by Lantern7

It sort of makes sense that Heart Attack is so tough. Kira can't control it directly once it's created, so I guess it sort of counts as a no-range power.

I went to the local supermarket after work today, and when I walked in the door the music on their PA system was "I Want You." I've never heard the song anywhere other than at the end of DiU, so it was a bit of a surprise.

Quick beginner’s guide to the world of Jojo. While a lot of “Phantom Blood” could have been expanded, I didn’t think it skippable.

One episode viewing later. . .

Well. That escalated quickly.

Team Jojo had Kira. He had basically stomped on and murdered Koichi, but he didn't count on Jotaro being really hard to kill. Jotaro gives him the Star Platinum experience, knocking the bastard out. Then Josuke manages to look pass Kira's attempt at looking innocent. To buy time, he has Killer/Deadly Queen chop his hand off, so that Sheer Heart Attack can defend him independently. And Josuke . . . heals the mini-Stand, forcing it back to the dismembered hand and sending it flying back to Kira. Unfortunately, our charming sociopath (who had basically lost all his chill and then some) pulled a move Dio Brando would've loved: gone to the Cinderella studio, kill a guy, force Aya to use Cinderella to remove the poor jerk's face to attach to him, then killed Aya and make a clean getaway.

Once again, it's fun to watch Kira in action. Obviously, not in murdering people, or thinking about how he's been doing that and getting away with it for years. No, it's that he wants a normal life, and he doesn't think highly of anything or anyone that fucks up his routine. Also, having a Stand that can atomize victims helps a lot. Gotta love the thought of Team Jojo explaining to Shikechi's family that their kid is dead and his body can never be found.

ETA2: Going to bed. Found this: a funny take on Phantom Blood. Enjoy!

Edited by Lantern7
(edited)

Koichi: Wow, what a day! We found the killer, he nearly killed me and Mr. Jotaro, we had him dead to rights, and now he's running around with a new face!

Jotaro: Since I'm basically Grumpy Japanese Colombo, I say we split up and look for clues.

[fifteen minutes later]

Josuke: To review . . . Kira's father is dead. Or maybe not. He has a Stand where he can interact with people in pictures and affect them directly . . .

Jotaro: Not unlike J. Geil Centerfold and Hanged Man.

Josuke: But we fucked up, and now he's flying a captive pigeon, harnessing it with thread from his sweater. And he has the Mystical Bow and Arrow that makes Stand Users possible, and he's going to seek out more damaged people- . . . sorry, Okuyashu . . .

Okuyashu: [shrugging]

Josuke: . . . to make powerful and get in our way. Oh, and he's awesome about his son murdering people.

[long pause]

Jotaro: Yare yare daze. Why am I even here? I could be back home doing marine research, but noooooooooooo . . .

[elsewhere]

Shinobu Kawajiri: Let's review: my worthless good-for-nothing husband couldn't unlock the door on the first try, made himself dinner, and he looks awesome nude . . . at least while viewing his back. What's he doing now?

Landlord: Wow! An exorbitant amount of cash money to pay back rent!

Shinobu: He swiped the money from that asshole! Why I-! Wait . . .I think I felt an egg drop.

"Husband": [winking at the camera, as Killer Queen gives the thumbs-up sign behind him]

Shinobu: Wow. I am so gonna die in about ten episodes. But right now? That would be totally worth it.

"Husband": Wife? Do you have any clear glass jars you don't need?

On 2/26/2019 at 1:38 AM, Sandman87 said:

I wonder if Old Man Jostar is ever going to remember that he can use Hermit Purple to get an image of Kira.

JelloApocalypse did a bit on YouTube called "So This Is Basically Jojo's Bizarre Adventure." I didn't link it before because of spoilers. Anyway, this is a bit addressing that.

[still of Koichi, Okuyashu and Josuke]

Narrator: [presumably doing Josuke's dialogue] "Man. It sure is hard finding this serial killer. [head of OlderJo slowly materializes] If only there was someone we knew with the power to locate our enemies by using some kind of Stand!"

[Hermit Purple flickers around Olderjo]

Narrator: "Oh, well!"

As to @Sandman87's question, I think Araki's answer would be: "Reasons."

Edited by Lantern7

Given Joseph's mental state, I'm not surprised they're not using Hermit Purple.  I guess that's what happens when you perv on a woman who turns out to be your mom, cursed by god.  

Kind of sad that Kira is an improvement over Shinobu's real husband. I predict that she's going to figure out that he's an imposter, and then decide that she's ok with it.

And speaking of the late husband, I wonder why he was getting a Cinderella treatment.

18 hours ago, Sandman87 said:

And speaking of the late husband, I wonder why he was getting a Cinderella treatment.

Probably hoping the magic makeover would either cause the wife to be less of a beyotch or attract a replacement.

(edited)

Or maybe he was at the wrong place and was the wrong guy . . . a dude with a similar build as Kira, near a salon run by a lady that can change faces. It's a credit to Kira's quick thinking . . .and on top of that, he probably had to deal with his severed hand reattaching itself to him. Sociopath or not, that's a lot to process.

Edited by Lantern7

Caught the "latest" episode. It looks like the new deal is going to be Yoshihiro Kira floating around his Polaroid snap, hitting mentally-questionable people with the arrow to make new Stand users. This week: some putz kid with a Rock/Paper/Scissors hard-on. Rohan faces him and wins, albeit in the most Rohan way possible: using Heaven's Door to get the Invisible Baby to force Ken's hand to switch positions. While his Stand (Boy II Man Boys Man Man) is unique enough (looking like Alphonse Elric's little brother), it seems too situational to use.

An episode with more Rock-Paper-Scissors going on than the first Tremors movie.

Loved the part where Yoshihiro Kira whines about having gone to "all that trouble" to give Ken a stand. Yeah, took him all of 10 seconds to do it.

Before tonight's episode . ..  here's another scene from Golden Wind that is probably going to be replayed into oblivion by the time Toonami airs it dubbed.

Trying not to think too hard about last week's episode . .. like how high Rohan and Ken jumped playing roshambo. And how Rohan got Invisible Baby (has she been named yet?) to change Ken's hand position, despite the facts that Heaven's Door had lot a lot of its "body," and the baby was a baby. So, basically, when the kid passed by with Josuke and Olderjo, Rohan sent Heaven's Door to write the "instructions," and then she managed to crawl up Ken and had just enough strength to change the hand? Oy.

I forget this last week, or maybe I didn't think of it until afterward: "Roshamboner."

One viewing of "I Am an Alien" later . . .

First of all, it looks like we're heading toward the home stretch . . . third and final set of credits! Try not to get hyped listening to this! I couldn't find a clip with subtitles, though.

Anyway, Josuke and Okuyasu meet a guy claiming to be an alien. Or maybe he's a Stand user. Yoshihiro tried pegging him with the Magic Arrow, but it bounced off his neck. Maybe we've gotten weird enough to a point where someone like Jaco the Intergalactic Patrolman shows up and no one bats an eye because it's perfectly reasonable. Anyway, the guy has shapeshifting abilities, and Josuke looks to make full benefit of his new friend . . . by having him rip Rohan off while posing as dice. Nice touch: Rohan still doesn't like Josuke. Well, if a dude beats the shit out of you in a blind rage, of course you're going to hold a grudge, even if you deserved it. While that's going on, Kira works on his impersonation, going into OCD fits doing it. Shinobu? Still getting hot for her newly-focused husband.

Oh, and I found this recap of "Battle Tendency." Another case of "Well, when you put it like THAT, of course it sounds stupid!"

Edited by Lantern7

Legolas visits Morioh by way of the Magellanic Clouds with the powers of a Skrull. Which is weird. Everybody knows the Kree come from the Magellanic Clouds, the Skrull are from the Andromeda galaxy. Oh, and Kira's new wife really likes what she sees.

This whole episode was hilarious.

Edited by Terrafamilia
redundancy
  • Love 1

Kira's new wife reminds me of Kafuka from Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei - putting a delusional positive spin on everything: "He's not trying to strangle me, he's just helping me with my clothing!" and "He's not an obvious imposter with a killer body and mad cooking skills, he just has hidden depths that I never noticed before!".

Turns out those weren’t the credits from what we saw. . . at least the last few seconds. Still great stuff, though. I only recently noticed that the song was about “1999 bee-zer summer.” Gotta love Engrish. There’s also a fan-made tribute done for Jojo’s twentieth anniversary using “Great Days” as a template. Best part: main characters pointing up, zoom up to see the dead (including Jonathan and Danny) in the clouds . . . then pull back to a shot of Earth, with a petrified Kars floating in space.

I'm guessing the Highway Star Go Go arc might be the weirdest one this season. For now. I mean, the Stand of the week mostly appeared as feet. I wonder if Yuya Fungami has a foot fetish. Then I wonder if he'd get along with Kira.

And yeah, little Hayato has problems. "Mom never gets naked for Dad. Well, not like that." Me: ". . . the fuck?!?" I'm guessing having an identity thief in the Kawajiri house isn't that bad of a problem.

Rohan is still kinda funny, even though he comes off as a snobby snot. With the Cee-Lo game, he starts laughing. Then Josuke starts laughing. They both laugh. Then Rohan chops off his little finger. The whole scene was delightful; Josuke's panicking that Mikitaka can't hold onto his pose as dice, Mikitaka slowly puking out of his pips. Rohan knowing Josuke is cheating but not know how . . . and then Rohan's house burns up. Oh, and some of the furniture was used in the filming of Pretty Woman, which . . . that's just random.

Anybody make references to The Room while watching Rohan examine the room in the tunnel. Like, "You're tearing me apart, Josuke!"? I've never seen the movie, but I've heard bad things.

And, once again, Josuke shows he's not merely a meathead. Trapping Highway Go Go in the car was pretty crafty. So was sucking off an IV bag while getting drained of energy. Yuya could have been sympathetic, but he was just another asshole. And weird. I mean, if your sense of smell gets jacked up, and one of the girls fawning over you is on her period, you shouldn't just announce it.

Finally, this is the original undubbed scene with Koichi and the nurse. Sometimes, the original audio is much funnier.