Type keyword(s) to search

William Jefferson Clinton, 42nd President Of The United States

WIKI

William Jefferson "Bill" Clinton (born William Jefferson Blythe III; August 19, 1946) ... served as the 42nd President of the United States from 1993 to 2001. Clinton was Governor of Arkansas from 1979 to 1981 and 1983 to 1992, and Arkansas Attorney General from 1977 to 1979. A member of the Democratic Party, ideologically Clinton was a New Democrat, and many of his policies reflected a centrist "Third Way" political philosophy.

Edited by atomationage
link added

I wonder how Bill will take to being the "first man" or whatever he's going to be called. I can't see him doing all the decorative stuff, there's no way. And as a former president, I feel that he's going to want to be involved in bigger issues. It's going to be very interesting to see this brand new dynamic in the White House that we've never had before.

• Love 3
(edited)

Chelsea said on The Talk that he wants to be called "The First Laddie".   Maybe she was joking, or he was joking.  Hillary said that she wants to send him to some of the poorest places in America to see what can be done to help people.   I read that as keeping him as far away from The West Wing as possible.  I recently watched an interview on Letterman from 3 years ago.  WJC42 knows a lot.  One other Letterman from last year .  He seemed to have slowed down in the interim.  Michael Moore was shocked that he knew so much about his career when he was at The White House back then. 

Edited by atomationage
interim
  • Love 1

I saw Bill and Hillary at an election rally in 1996(?) in San Antonio, held either on the grounds of the Alamo or very close. He is one of those people who just exudes charisma and charm. At some point at the beginning or end of the rally, he danced a few steps with Hillary, which the crowd loved. He mentioned how much he craved the mango ice cream from the hotel they were at, and that he would sometimes have the hotel special deliver some to him in DC.  One lasting impression from that rally is that when he looked at Hillary, you could see the absolute love and affection he has for her. His whole face would light up every time he glanced over at her.

I personally see no reason for monogamy, so his extramarital activities don't bother me in the least. The impression I always got from Hillary is that it wasn't so much her minding him being unfaithful as it was her minding him getting caught and thereby giving his political opponents ammunition to use against him.

• Love 5