Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Duke's Chorus

• Start Topic

I really liked this episode. Mormons are an easy target, so the script isn't especially clever, but I liked the two women trying to explain themselves to each other.  And the sly twist was funny. The guest actress Sarah Baker  was so great in Zach Galifianakis' The Campaign.

The bratty daughters are wearing to this viewer, and I'd like to see Sam have the occasional cheerful moment. She's such a sad sack all the time.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

The guest actress Sarah Baker  was so great in Zach Galifianakis' The Campaign.

Ah.  I keep seeing her and not remembering where I first saw her but seeing her name, I remember she was terrific in an episode of Louie. 

I really liked this episode a lot.  The mutual judging felt very real. 

• Love 2

Max continues to annoy me with her spoiled and entitled attitude. Sorry, girl. You don't have a job so you don't get to rack up $500 in Lyft rides just because you don't want to take the bus. And you definitely do not get whine, "I HATE YOU" and then immediately call back and demand a ride home. Gawd. What a fucking brat.

And just like all emotionally manipulative people, you don't get to be rude or mean to someone and then tell someone else not to cry.

I had to laugh a little when Trinity said that as a Mormon, it's very hard to get divorced. I went to high school with a lot of Mormons and several of them had divorced parents. One of the Mormon girls in my class married her high school sweetheart right after college, had four kids with him, divorced him, and then a few years later married another Mormon guy who had four daughters. My initial shock was the thought of having eight kids (even though one of the Mormon families I knew in high school had nine kids, all from one marriage) and then I remembered that Mormons aren't really supposed to get divorced. I don't doubt that the church discourages divorce but it's not impossible either. I hope Trinity is able to get rid of her husband since they're clearly not happy together.

My little sister's best friend in first grade was Mormon so she went to church with their family once. Thankfully the rest of our family wasn't forced to go too. I went to Catholic elementary school so I'd already had more church than I wanted in a lifetime.

I remember Sarah Baker from the short-lived Go On so it was great to see her again!