Type keyword(s) to search

Zoe: Playa hear ya, loud and clearya.

I am deep in the marathons leading up to the season premiere, and I am falling in love with Zoey all over again.I know the show is supposed to be about some addict chick,* but when Zoey is on screen, I can't look at anyone else. Merritt Wever has an impeccable sense of comedic timing and line delivery.

(From last season) "I am going to TOUCH. YOUR STUFF." Flawless!

if anybody has a better thread title idea, got for it-- this was the first quote of hers I found that seemed "titley."

* Just kidding. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I like how the Zoey character has grown. If I remember correctly, she was very timid in the beginning. She's still a doofus, but she's confident now. And a good nurse.

Any scene with Jackie and Zoey or Jackie and Akalitus is my favorite scene. (I'm still watching Season 5, so I don't know what's happening with Akalitus.)

Edited by mojito
  • Love 1
(edited)

Zoey is still the best part of the show. Maybe they should consider doing a spin-off?

I feel like I've seen the light. I hated Zoe at first, thinking she was a spy, a goofus, a know-it-all, overly naïve...When she got with the Head Doc, I began to waver, because I respected him and his values so much. I loved the way she orchestrated the memorial service for the candyman. Her pancake dance was the final straw...I hated myself for caving in, but I had to love Zoe and admit my growing addiction.

A spinoff is a great idea. I'd like to know more about her family of origin, her hobbies and friends, what's she's done with her life before nursing. I'd like to see her struggle with her weight and explore why weight issues seem to dog a lot of nurses and people in the medical helping professions. I'd like to see her naivete shocked to the core when Jackie's full addictive behavior and consequences are finally revealed. I'd like to see her grow in understanding and wisdom about men after getting her heart broken a few times. Would she try a lesbian affair--I've heard that a growing numbers of female nurses are lesbians. Would she adopt a child (or have one by accident) and try to raise it by herself? Would she have an identical twin with a very different personality and outlook?

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 1

Has Zoe ever mentioned any displeasure at her weight? She's not thin but I don't see her weight as particularly problematic and she seems secure with it.

I thought the initial post about her weight was about an episode I'd not seen yet.

Please, let's not have Zoe worry about her weight.

Please.

Enough of the so-called "ideal" image crap. Enough. Please.

• Love 6

One of the joys of this season is seeing how far Zoey's come as a nurse compared to season 1 when she was a newbie. It's good to see her talking about grad school. And most of all, it's a relief that the writers have her becoming a Nurse Practitioner instead of sending her off to Medical School like so many other shows do. 

• Love 2