Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E02: Making A Rapist

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

On 9/30/2016 at 2:17 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

And what makes it worse is that we had an entire episode where Olivia was framed for murder by a former perp, because he was raped in prison and thought Olivia set it up because she threatened him with it during interrogation.  I thought that episode was them putting the definitive capper on that line of threatening in interrogation, but it didn't at all.

If I recall correctly, the NEXT EPISODE had Benson threatening a perp with prison rape!  The VERY NEXT EPISODE!

• Love 1

I just thought the whole real crime was so contrived. He gets out of prison and goes out to dinner with his accuser and her daughter and then gets drunk with the daughter and a friend(I guess. I really didn't understand who that guy was or why he was there) and then he rapes and murders the daughter for reasons? And the mom hears him in the house talking or something? Why did any of that happen? Why was a big deal made out of the daughters engagement? What exactly happened with the first crime? It was all just weird plot salad.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 7:21 PM, Princess Lucky said:

I see your point as well. I guess I separate my feelings about Sean before we knew that he was the rapist/murderer, and after. I don't feel anyone except the mother showed him actual sympathy for his initial ordeal (his release was used to prop up Benson for being awesome and helping with the rape kid backlog). Afterwards, I totally agree, I can't really feel sympathy for him. But I also feel Barba's whole argument of "he did this because he never stood a chance after 16 years in prison" defeated the point. If his own (possibly repeated) rape can be used as an argument against him, how responsible can he be? Again, I personally don't really feel for him re; the actual crime he committed, but I didn't like the show's position on that.

I think they'd be cute, but I don't know what they're waiting for. If Carisi regularly(?) cooks for Rollins and takes care of her baby and whatever, for months now, and they still haven't hooked up, that's kinda weird. If I had Carisi at my place, late at night, and he had just cooked me dinner, and he had just tucked in my kid, and the kid was fast asleep, I know I'd be making a move. Amanda needs to get on that. And we need to see it in detail.

Or anyone should get on that. Carisi has never had a love interest of any kind. Come on, show. Give us something.

Totally with you!  The guy is a prince!  He cooks for her, babysits/burps/feeds her baby and she still is acting like he's just a friend?  I don't know any man who gets that involved and isn't a boyfriend

• Love 3