Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Seth Meyers Take A Closer Look (...A Really Angry One) At Donald Trump's Lies About The Birther Movement

Seth Meyers is my go-to guy for political commentary. Jon Stewart has left the building,but Seth is doing great work. The Daily Show's biggest mistake is not giving Seth Jon's old spot. I hate that he is on that late, as I work early in the morning, and have to catch it the next day, but he really delivers. Fallon, you wuss, take note.

• Love 8

If his version of how he got Late Night is to he believed, he might've - he told Marc Maron he had no idea he was even in the running for the spot until he saw a news report saying he was the front runner and an offer was imminent. I think if The Daily Show had been offered to him earlier, he would've taken it.  But since Seth was already in place and airing shows by the time The Daily Show was available, I don't think he would've left Late Night then. 

• Love 2

Maybe the timing was wrong for him...but he would have delivered. His "Closer Look" segments are so often home runs. With the news so grim, I rely on his take to give me some relief.

That said, I wish he and Leslie Jones would do their "Game of Jones" summary after every episode. The best.

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:02 AM, lookeyloo said:

the new Jon Stewart.  

That's what I keep saying! It's obvious beyond anything that Seth really wants to be host of The Daily Show and has basically turned what was supposed to be a late night comedy show into one! I read somewhere that Trevor Noah isn't doing well and they're considering firing him. Maybe Seth wants to put in his application right now?

• Love 2