Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Saturdaze

paigow

Spencer tries to broker peace between Travis and a critic; Charles is forced to deliver bad news; Joe encounters Andre; Ricky is thrown for a loop when Dennis decides to have more of a voice in his life.

So, it seems like Andre's big plan is to actually poach Joe of all people away from Spencer.  It actually might be the smart play for him.  While I don't think Spencer is quite as useless as Andre thinks he is (his charm and likability probably plays a good part in making clients stay with them), I do think Spencer would be at a big loss, if he didn't have Joe around to pick up his slack and even call him out on his bullshit.  At least Joe is holding strong for now, but I'm sure this is just the beginning.  Have a feeling Spencer will somehow fuck things up, since he admittedly seems to step in it quite a bit.

Charles gets one of the worst first days ever, by being asked for fire the player who he himself said should go, so that had to make him feel extra guilty.  And, of course, he failed to do so, but the guy found out anyway.  At least Charles talked him down, but this is going to rough waters if this is only the first day for him.  Interesting that it seems they are setting up major conflict between him and Dule Hill's character.

Ricky's shot at New Orleans seems to be done now, since his dad trashed them because he wants Ricky to go to Buffalo, where all the money is at.  I don't care if he's played by the awesome Robert Wisdom: Dennis is bad news.

Still not feeling the Travis storyline.  All of these characters are egotistical pricks on some (OK, a lot) level, but I just don't find myself invested in him like I do Ricky, Charlie, or even Vernon.  I just don't see why Spencer and Jason are putting up with it.  I guess I need to see more scenes of him playing, so I can buy him being some amazing wunderkind, that would be worth all the headache. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Traveller519 said:

Ahhh so Mark Schlereth saw you run a hand timed 40 crudely marked out on the beach. All is forgiven, and you're a top prospect again. Wait, what?

Drunken hand timed 40...bonus 1/10th sec

I loved it when Travis is getting ready to run, and he asks Spencer if he believes he can do it, and Spencer says yes, but makes this great "eh maybe sorta" gesture with his hand. Not sure I can get into this show, but The Rock really nailed that moment!

• Love 2
On 8/22/2016 at 2:59 PM, paigow said:

Drunken hand timed 40...bonus 1/10th sec

Drunken, hand-timed, ON MOTHERFUCKING BEACH SAND no less...

What the...what? That's dead-on balls accurate. For sure.

• Love 1