Type keyword(s) to search

Auckland Housewives in the Media

I'm betting it was the scene of Angela in post meditation doing that demented gleeful leaf tossing.  I'm still not sure if that was some kind of tantric release or whether she was re-enacting her favorite feminine protection commercial from the seventies. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, tenativelyyours said:

I'm betting it was the scene of Angela in post meditation doing that demented gleeful leaf tossing.  I'm still not sure if that was some kind of tantric release or whether she was re-enacting her favorite feminine protection commercial from the seventies. 

She really is something else...

I read it was floated as a early spring 2017 show for BRAVO but cannot for the life of me find where I saw it.  It was mentioned in an article that talked about the future of the newest additions to the Housewives shows (Potomac, Dallas and included Melbourne and Cheshire).  I thought it was Variety.com but can't find it there.  But I do remember the article was pessimistic about the long term future of the two American shows and was written when the Dallas show was still airing.  So it might have changed since then. 

NY is wrapping up, then the OC will and NJ will go into the early fall.    Top Chef comes back late fall.  What else does BRAVO have?  Housewives-wise, Atlanta and BH both will be back but won't they wait til after the New Year for that?  This is a shorter run in terms of episodes and it would be smart to put this up where it isn't really affected by the holiday scheduling.  Put it on a Tuesday and neither Thanksgiving or Christmas get in the way and it would give BRAVO some new programming at the time the networks are usually scrambling with first cancellations and the regular shows already have a re-air or two thrown in the mix (my grandparents don't tell stories about walking six miles in snow to school; they tell of a fantasy land where television had new episodes all in a row from the start of the season to the end).

On 8/28/2016 at 11:53 AM, tenativelyyours said:

I read it was floated as a early spring 2017 show for BRAVO but cannot for the life of me find where I saw it.  It was mentioned in an article that talked about the future of the newest additions to the Housewives shows (Potomac, Dallas and included Melbourne and Cheshire).  I thought it was Variety.com but can't find it there.  But I do remember the article was pessimistic about the long term future of the two American shows and was written when the Dallas show was still airing.  So it might have changed since then. 

NY is wrapping up, then the OC will and NJ will go into the early fall.    Top Chef comes back late fall.  What else does BRAVO have?  Housewives-wise, Atlanta and BH both will be back but won't they wait til after the New Year for that?  This is a shorter run in terms of episodes and it would be smart to put this up where it isn't really affected by the holiday scheduling.  Put it on a Tuesday and neither Thanksgiving or Christmas get in the way and it would give BRAVO some new programming at the time the networks are usually scrambling with first cancellations and the regular shows already have a re-air or two thrown in the mix (my grandparents don't tell stories about walking six miles in snow to school; they tell of a fantasy land where television had new episodes all in a row from the start of the season to the end).

Ladies of London returns at the end of November and Vanderpump Rules at the beginning of November, that will fill in the schedule a bit.  I'm still hoping they'll put RHoCheshire back on the schedule since season 4 will finish airing in the UK soon.

And here's an article which briefly mentions a possible reason for no reunion:

http://spy.nzherald.co.nz/spy-news/real-housewives-final-why-there-is-no-reunion/

15 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Ladies of London returns at the end of November and Vanderpump Rules at the beginning of November, that will fill in the schedule a bit.  I'm still hoping they'll put RHoCheshire back on the schedule since season 4 will finish airing in the UK soon.

And here's an article which briefly mentions a possible reason for no reunion:

http://spy.nzherald.co.nz/spy-news/real-housewives-final-why-there-is-no-reunion/

The budget ran out?  That's the same bullshit excuse they used for Vancouver Season 2.  Guessing it's going to be a one and done.  Too bad, really enjoyed it.  They must have had some pushback from advertisers because otherwise I don't see why they'd pass up the opportunity to milk it for at least one more week.  Reunions can be quite low-budget affairs, too.

This simply doesn't pass the sniff test.

• Love 1

I'm guessing they took a gamble and didn't budget in a reunion and played wait and see on the ratings/audience and ad interest.  The Melbourne series was ten episodes first and second seasons with a double reunion.  This time Melbourne was eleven and one reunion.  Reunions also are outside of the usual production budgets for a season's run.  But its hard to figure what goes for the US template and what carries over since the outside HoWives shows are different animals with different production companies and different television platforms.  Still I would be interested when the Melbourne series knew they would have a reunion.  Was it built in their contracts as a definite when the show started filming or was it covered under the negotiable extra post season promotion they can get extra money for but still are bound by contract to do? 

If it is one and done and there was any kind of upfront deal with BRAVO when the show originally went into production, I think it will be like Melbourne originally was or Cheshire in terms of being aired.  It will be slipped on at an odd hour and maybe even used for a marathon some Sunday.  The thing is, even as the ratings for HoWives falter a little, this is a cheap way to provide BRAVO with some simple programming to fill a gap in their schedule so I think even if a one and done, that doesn't make it less likely to air in the states. 

For a HoWives show the production values seemed really cheap and I wonder what kind of response it has to get in NZ and what kind of push in overseas markets, like Australian television that isn't the most varied programming nationally simply due to the market it has. 

I found it extremely lackluster compared to Melbourne.  Even with the likes of Jackie, Lydiot and Petty Flour, these women tried too hard like they were in a telenovela knock off of Dynasty or a Tyler Perry soap opera.  But in such a small market as NZ it would be ironic if its profitability came from overseas distribution despite bad ratings locally.

• Love 1

Real Housewives of Sydney is supposed to be filming soon and supposed to be released before the next installment of Melbourne. There was even some talk of Brisbane (where I live). Melbourne has been popular here, but Australia is very conservative and very backward with its programming. New Zealand is smaller again, but I would guess more adventurous with their programming. I'd bring back Gilda, Louise and Anne. Michelle maybe, she is irritating, but she is a pot stirrer. Julia should be persona non grata for her 'boat n####r' comment and for this reason alone, I hope it shows in the State, because I personally want Racist Julia and Lidiot from Melbourne pilloried internationally for being the racists that they are. Angela Stone they can sink like a proverbial stone. She is deluded, she gives nothing 'real' of herself and all she does is schill her hokey tawdry cliched crap. 

On 10/28/2016 at 5:11 AM, tenativelyyours said:

But in such a small market as NZ it would be ironic if its profitability came from overseas distribution despite bad ratings locally.

Were the ratings bad, though?  Its premier got a lot of positive press, but I haven't been able to find much about ratings despite some low-key googling...

What's your info/source?  Very interested.