Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: The Bitch is Back

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica discovers the origin of her sex tape - Furious that Logan attacked Piz, Veronica tells Logan she wants nothing to do with him. Parker confronts Logan about still having feelings for Veronica, while Piz assures Veronica that he had nothing to do with the sex tape. Veronica, with Weevil's help, investigates how the tape originated and discovers a person from her past is linked to The Castle and pays them a visit. With the re-election campaign nearing, Keith steps in to protect Veronica."

Last episode folks. Sad stuff here.

Look, I get that Veronica knows Piz is a good guy but I find it a bit out of character that she would blindly believe that he had nothing to do with the tape before she even talks to him. She immediately believes in him, which I guess is supposed to show that either she's grown as a person OR that Piz is so much better than Logan that she'd give him the benefit of the doubt. It only bugs me because she's never done that for anyone else. Even Weevil, who is always innocent of whatever thing she's trying to get him out of since the second episode of the entire series. I'm not saying Logan is right for reacting the way he did either. He's not. BUT it is in line with his character as I've said before. I just feel like this is an out of character moment for Veronica.

Duh Parker, of COURSE Logan still loves Veronica. How could he not. She's a marshmallow.

I love that we get one last Veronica and Weevil teaming up to find the real tape maker. The epic take-down of that d-bag Dominick. Kristen Bell singing "So you had a bad day" is my everything. Jake Kane OF COURSE is involved because we needed him one last time I suppose. His hatred of Veronica here is a bit strange because he wasn't the leader of that lynch mob before, it was Celeste, but whatever.

Keith ruins his chances of winning the election to keep Veronica out of trouble. It's sweet but so sad as to how it all works out.

Logan beating the shit out of a mobbed up Gory and apologizing to Piz is great, I like that we leave the door open for everyone to be friends again. That's how I chose to take it at least. Well maybe everyone except Parker, but who cares about Parker anyway.

All in all, though I didn't love the outcome of some major storylines I DID love that this episode had the entire gang together working on a case, quipping with each other and I feel like it was a decent send off.

So that's it folks. 28 days until the movie hits theatres! Go see it! Buy extra tickets! Who knows, maybe something more will come of it.

:(

It SUCKS that Keith sacrifices his career just so Veronica can get her stupid fucking vendetta. I did like the rest of the vendetta, but goddamn is Keith the best dad ever.

I did like seeing the whole gang together one last time doing something fun.

Gory's secret was a pretty great "wow" moment for hey, maybe this isn't something I should go make public.

I feel cheated out of that one last "We Used To Be Friends", even if it is the lame S3 version.

(I meant to spread these last three eps out over the week, but that didn't work.)

• Love 2

It SUCKS that Keith sacrifices his career just so Veronica can get her stupid fucking vendetta. I did like the rest of the vendetta, but goddamn is Keith the best dad ever.

I did like seeing the whole gang together one last time doing something fun.

Agreed on both counts! And he was so calm once he realized it was over. He just knew.

And one last hurrah from everyone! Even Dick, in his own Dick-ish way, in this and the previous episode - hesitating to show Logan the video, because he knows that Logan will NOT react well, and apologizing to Mac on the beach. I'd forgotten these bits of humanity breaking through.

• Love 2

I had so many mixed feelings about this episode when it came out that it took until right before the movie's release for me to rewatch Season 3.  It's less disappointing on rewatch (and knowing there is some resolution to the dangling threads helps), partly because I did pay more attention to Dick's and other minor characters' storylines.

(I don't know what it is about traumatic Season 3s for me - this and BSG both are like that one song on a soundtrack you always skip, then one day you listen to it and find something to like about it. )

• Love 1

I found the same thing when I rewatched the series this year. In a lot of ways, I found Season 2 harder to watch than Season 3. In the first half of Season 2 especially, Veronica doesn't act like herself. I get it, from a storytelling perspective, but having her regress to try to reclaim her old life isn't enjoyable for me to watch. Ditto Logan's treatment of her (and her responding hostility to him). In fact, if it weren't for the epicness of the Epic Speech, I'm not sure I'd have so quickly forgiven Logan the cruel comments he makes to V all season.

In Season 3, although the characters make mistakes, they seem in-character to me, and that's more appealing to watch. And, like you say, knowing that there is another chapter makes it more palatable too.

Great final mystery, though obviously story lines were left just open enough to continue, had things worked out differently.  What absolutely scary portraits of the Kane kids, yeesh!

Definitely feel for Keith, and you know Vinny is going to be an even worse sheriff than Lamb was.  Lamb was a good cop, just lazy.  Vinnie will be a bad cop.  Just reminds me what I hate so much about politics sometimes, that the stupid public will go for the short-term feel good because of some claim of bad conduct by the opponent, when the opponent is really better long-term.  Almost makes me hope Veronica found some way to use the information she acquired.

I tried to watch the movie right after finally finishing these last episodes, but somehow it got deleted on my DVR and no one's instantly streaming it for free right now.  So I made it my next Netflix DVD and I should get it either tomorrow or Wednesday.

• Love 1