Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E18: I Know What You'll Do Next Summer

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica is officially a private investigator - Veronica passes her exam to be an official Private Investigator, while Piz lands an interview with Apollo Bukenya, an African student at Hearst who wrote a book about his years as an orphan child-soldier in Uganda's rebel army. Veronica is hired by an African man, Kizza, to help prove that he is Apollo's father, but her investigation leads to information that might expose Apollo's story as a fake. Meanwhile, as the election for Sheriff nears, Keith is faced with a crime spree in Neptune. Parker comes to Veronica for ..."

Parker is such an ass. Why would you go to your boyfriend's ex for relationship advise? I get that she thinks Veronica is ok with it all, but she's the worst friend ever for believing that and for everything else as well. Ugh.

The child-soilder story is good, it's nice that Veronica's first official case isn't full of terrible people as it first appears.

Max and Mac are cute.

Edited by Lisin

Appreciate your Parker rant, as I am also not a fan. I definitely don't think it was intended to come across this way, but this is one of a few instances where I honestly thought Parker was being kind of spiteful/vindictive, just because of how poorly she handled the Logan situation w/r/t Veronica at every turn.

• Love 1

Is Parker just really dumb? I'm honestly asking here, because in the beginning of the show she had a bit of a thing for Piz when they were bowling and thought Veronica would actually set her up on a blind double date right after a rape, which I mean, no. No one would do that... and then with the whole asking Veronica advise about Logan I almost think Parker is just clueless. Doesn't make me like her more, but I want to believe she's dumb and not mean. I don't know though, you make a good point Carrie Ann. 

Yeah, I really liked the not-actually-faking-it child soldier twist.

Parker is dumb.

I also really liked that Dick is actually showing some, like, emotion about how his little brother killed a bunch of people and then jumped off the roof of the hotel he now lives in, and how it's probably like 30% his fault.

• Love 3

Ugh, yes to the Dick stuff. Last night Pivot was doing a marathon and I was idly watching the last three episodes on and off and my husband, who hasn't watched ALL the episodes but has seen some of Season 1 was like "I don't know why you're always on and on about Logan being better than Piz, this Dick guy is the best!" I am headed home early from work to watch the movie and I told him if he decides to be team Piz we're getting a divorce. I'm only partially kidding :)

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

So I know that people have said the webisodes about Dick are good, but of all the people to make a VM spinoff about, Dick is the one I'd least want to see.

I can understand why Parker went to VM for Logan advice, since she did date him the most recent (and the girl before VM isn't exactly available), and VM did give the impression that she was over Logan. 

I liked the main story, was a good case for VM.

• Like 1
On 3/14/2014 at 10:01 AM, Lisin said:

Ugh, yes to the Dick stuff. Last night Pivot was doing a marathon and I was idly watching the last three episodes on and off and my husband, who hasn't watched ALL the episodes but has seen some of Season 1 was like "I don't know why you're always on and on about Logan being better than Piz, this Dick guy is the best!" I am headed home early from work to watch the movie and I told him if he decides to be team Piz we're getting a divorce. I'm only partially kidding 🙂

Yeah, sorry, but if he thinks Dick is the best, I am afraid you are going to have to talk to a lawyer.

This is my first time watching the show and I am glad i can stream it because i am not sure I could get myself excited for some of these episodes otherwise. The show has become so focused on romantic relationships. One of the best parts if the early seasons was the focus on friendships. I would far prefer that. I am enjoying it and I am glad I am finally getting to watch it, but I wish there was less focus on who is dating. 

I did really like this episode. The reunion was really touching, particularly after. confirmation that the heartbreaking stories Apollo told were true.