Type keyword(s) to search

The Most Unsympathetic Victims Thread!

Thanks!

USA (and WE late night) is in the midst of S9, and...I think 98% of the victims that season were all despicable and deserved their fate. (The lackluster writing certainly didn't help.)

On 8/24/2016 at 8:12 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Thanks!

USA (and WE late night) is in the midst of S9, and...I think 98% of the victims that season were all despicable and deserved their fate. (The lackluster writing certainly didn't help.)

Speaking of which,  the episode with the wannabe vampires was on in the middle of the night last night (thank God USA was showing Logan/Falacci & Goren/Eames episodes at the same time WE was on S9 and I could switch when it started; go insomnia!) and that whole thing was still idiotic. (I can't believe vampire wannabes were a part of this show or the franchise.) All involved were strangely repulsive if not just stupid.

I realize vampire crap was addressed with G/E in the Anne Rice ripoff episode, "Collective", but at least those idiots didn't really think they were immortal while living out their weird fantasies. And it was about running cons at heart. A small distinction, but still more in reality than this was... Come to think of it, the victim in "Collective" wasn't all that sympathetic (getting Arnie the toy collector killed, conning others), so this is the perfect thread for her.

• Love 1

I have to add Jacob from "Players."  I mean, really.  How dumb do you have to be to wreck your dad's car and then try to rob a court officer on the street just to get the money to fix it before he gets back, which results in you getting shot in the head and killed?

And before anyone says it, yes.  I know.  He was a kid.  But he could've just gone to his father when he got back, been honest with him, and taken his lumps.  Then, he still would've been alive.

On July 21, 2016 at 7:08 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, that was all murky to me. On the one hand, the father hired a top-notch defense attorney and he and his wife even talked about how appreciative Sarah was about the sweater they had given her.

But on the other hand, the wife also called them "monsters" and Goren did tell Mr. Davenport that he (Goren) "would need his help later", so I wonder if that was all a ruse or if the Davenports were sincere in getting Sarah off.

I know this is a months old discussion, but I think I can clear up some confusion about the episode Tomorrow. 

The whole ending thing with the Davenports was an act, that was all a set up to play the 2 sisters against each other by using Hannah's jealousy to get her to turn on Sarah. That was exactly what Goren meant about Davenports helming them, they were not actually going to help Sarah out, it was an idea concocted by Goren to turn them against each other. 

About the murders, the sisters killed Rick and his friend because they uncovered on were about to uncover the sisters living out their soap opera fantasy and the reason the sister was killed was because of Hannah's obsession with Bill Davenport, she wanted his attention and wanted to be his daughter basically and she killed her to eliminate the competition and take her place basically. 

The episode was confusing and it took me a few viewings to fully understand what happened. 

BTW, there is a deleted scene from that episode where Dr Emil Skoda shows up and helps shed some light on the motive and psyche of the sisters, it cleared up some of the loose ends, not sure why they deleted it and it's always nice to see Skoda. You can see this deleted scene if you have the season 2 DVD's. 

Oh, I understood the motive where the soap was concerned.  :-)  But if this was entirely a ruse, why hire that shark attorney for Sarah? Why not just "good"?

Thanks for the tip about deleted scenes. I have the S2 DVD but never thought to look for extras. And, as you said, it's always cool to see Dr. Skoda.

What exactly do you mean about the attorney? I think they wanted to hire the best attorney they could afford to make it look as real as possible, it was all a set up anyway. 

For the deleted scenes, just go to the episode menu and right beside the button for the episode there is a button for deleted scenes that you will scroll past on your way to the next episode, just click on that for the scenes, most season 2 episodes have them. Some good scenes in there, and the deleted Skoda scene was an especially nice Easter Egg for  fans, I think the scene should've been kept, it gave an explanation for the motives of the nannies and shed light on what happened, which I have to admit took a couple of viewings to completely understand. 

4 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

What exactly do you mean about the attorney? I think they wanted to hire the best attorney they could afford to make it look as real as possible, it was all a set up anyway. 

For the deleted scenes, just go to the episode menu and right beside the button for the episode there is a button for deleted scenes that you will scroll past on your way to the next episode, just click on that for the scenes, most season 2 episodes have them. Some good scenes in there, and the deleted Skoda scene was an especially nice Easter Egg for  fans, I think the scene should've been kept, it gave an explanation for the motives of the nannies and shed light on what happened, which I have to admit took a couple of viewings to completely understand. 

Thanks for the tip! Much appreciated. I'll definitely have to watch! Are you aware J.K. Simmons is the voice of the [admittedly dim] yellow M&M in the commercials? Apparently, the first actor to voice Yellow prior to Simmons was John Goodman, so Simmons is in good company there.

• Love 1

So I saw the deleted scenes discussed here. Once again, thanks, @Xeliou66! Liked Skoda telling Goren, etc. that his nanny spec was him "playing air guitar" more than an official read.  :-)

And I agree that his scene should have been kept in. Oh, well.

• Love 1

Yeah that scene should've definitely been kept IMO, it added some clarity to a very confusing episode. It's always nice to see Skoda, he's my favorite shrink in the L&O universe and I think CI should've used him more, he only appeared in the episode Crazy plus the deleted scene in Tomorrow. J.K. Simmons is a terrific actor in everything he is in. 

• Love 1
On 7/3/2017 at 3:47 PM, Maherjunkie said:

I like the way he defended the cat in the L/O episode with the killer child.

That episode was just creepy. L&O: UK covered "Killerz" but really watered it down, IMO.