Type keyword(s) to search

All [Literary] Things Pooh

Blergh
  • Start Topic

Having discovered that there seems to still be a great love for the literary works of Winnie the Pooh and his friends, I think the time has come for us to have a Topic dedicated to him here. BTW, I happened to see "Winnie the Pooh and the Royal Birthday" - and, despite Mr. Milne having long since departed from the Hundred Acre Woods, IMO, this captured the essence of Pooh  while celebrating 90th Birthdays of two well-known British folks.  I won't give anything more away but it's well worth a look by Pooh fans young and not-so-young.

I read House at Pooh Corner to my son, having never read it before myself. I don't know why I'd never read it. I just hadn't. I was a little upset because no one ever told me 

Spoiler

it was sad at the end. OK, maybe others don't think it was sad, but I cried.

• Love 1

I love the original Pooh books so much that I even read Return to Hundred Acre Wood. It was alright, but not quite the spirit of the original. For Pooh fans, I also really like The Tao of Pooh extolling the philosophy of Pooh bear.

11 hours ago, Athena said:

I love the original Pooh books so much that I even read Return to Hundred Acre Wood. It was alright, but not quite the spirit of the original. For Pooh fans, I also really like The Tao of Pooh extolling the philosophy of Pooh bear.

And don't forget the Te of Piglet!

We were in Winnie's "hometown" last October. Happy ending to a rather sad beginning.

• Love 2