Type keyword(s) to search

Faking it Cancelled

Well I am very very sad for the news even though I saw them coming. I will be very frustrated that I began watching this show expecting for the story that I want to be wrote and now I won't be able to watch it, that it was Karma realizing her feelings for Amy. I'm also sad that the writers didn't told that story a little bit faster, precisely when they heard that faking it may get cancelled. 

Anyway I'm thankful that I got to be part of this show and it made me really happy back in season 1 and 2A. And I'm thankful that I got to met Katie, Rita, and all the faking it cast cause they are amazing! Faking it will always be in my memory and I'm not a writer but still ill try to write a proper ending for this show because it deserves it.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/faking-canceled-carter-covington-interview-892656

I would've liked a 4th season to truly wrap the show up properly. But, with the way season 3 was written - I'm not surprised with the cancellation.

Despite what Carter states in his interview he knew this was coming. Too bad after all the chaos fans will be left hanging. Anyway, this season has been a total disappointment overall.

Is there closure once and for all for Amy and Karma's romantic relationship?

That will always be my sole regret: that I never got to explore Karma and Amy together. I never got to look inward at Karma and have her question her friendship and why it's so intense and her affection for Amy. I'm sad that I won't get chance to do that. I felt like fans really deserved that and I'm sad they won't get that.

• Love 1

That's his own fault. He teased it too many times without following through. He lost viewers by jerking people around.

I'm disappointed, because I still liked this show despite its flaws. But I'm not surprised.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Cranberry said:

That's his own fault. He teased it too many times without following through. He lost viewers by jerking people around.

I'm disappointed, because I still liked this show despite its flaws. But I'm not surprised.

Agreed. Yeah, there might be a thing as too soon to put a couple together, but there is equally a too late. I can understand him not doing it in season 1. I can even understand season 2. But Season 3 should have been the time after a summer of soul searching from Karma, thinking about the kiss in the pool and why she was so devastated over Amy leaving, etc. But, you know, hindsight. 

The show definitely had flaws, but I enjoyed it. So, I am slightly disappointed as well. But definitely not surprised.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, JaggedLilPill said:

Yeah, there might be a thing as too soon to put a couple together, but there is equally a too late.

Considering that season 2 was double-length, with the two "halves" airing a year apart, by most standards we're coming to the end of 4 seasons of wheel-spinning. The lack of network promotion early on meant that this season was the last unless the producers stopped screwing around, and they should have known.

• Love 4

Yup.  The Karmy fans were tired of waiting and the people who disliked Karmy were tired of the possibility of them still being out there.  When you tease too much you annoy fans and non fans alike, and eventually people don't care at all and quit watching.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, JaggedLilPill said:

Agreed. Yeah, there might be a thing as too soon to put a couple together, but there is equally a too late. I can understand him not doing it in season 1. I can even understand season 2. But Season 3 should have been the time after a summer of soul searching from Karma, thinking about the kiss in the pool and why she was so devastated over Amy leaving, etc. But, you know, hindsight. 

As much as I like this show, I really don't understand why they dragged things out past Season 3.  Does MTV have any long running scripted shows?  They could have easy had two seasons of Amy and Karma figuring out they want to be together, one season where they get together like half way through, and two season of them together as a couple.  Boom five seasons, which is honestly just as long if not longer than a lot shows targeted at MTV demographic.  I really don't get why they planned this show out like they were going to make 200 episodes.

• Love 1

Maybe Carter forgot that he had a teen show. Even if 1 & 2 had the standard rigmarole teen drama. S3 should have Karma and Amy's relationship nailed down completely.

• Love 2
On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 2:26 PM, superman1204 said:

As much as I like this show, I really don't understand why they dragged things out past Season 3.  Does MTV have any long running scripted shows?  They could have easy had two seasons of Amy and Karma figuring out they want to be together, one season where they get together like half way through, and two season of them together as a couple.  Boom five seasons, which is honestly just as long if not longer than a lot shows targeted at MTV demographic.  I really don't get why they planned this show out like they were going to make 200 episodes.

Agreed, this show wasn't even doing that well in ratings and they shouldn't have been writing it that way.