Type keyword(s) to search

Roger's Marathon Diary: Love, Death, Punch-Drunk Shenanigans, And Pure Evil Take Turns Ruling The Gilmore Girls Universe

• Start Topic

I always loved that moment when Sookie realizes Luke and Lorelai kissed, and she pulls him aside and is all excited about it and hugging him, and Luke -- always so gruff and crabby -- actually gives her this pleased little smile like he's HAPPY. And it's so adorable, I can't take it. <3 Love that moment between them. It's so funny and cute.

Emily was dead to me after what she did to Lorelai at her vow renewal / wedding party. I was so angry with her. SO angry. Up to that point, you could see that there was often fault on both sides from "stuff" between them over the years. But this time... oh boy... she deserved everything Lorelai said to her and more. She was horrible!

And then she was so mean to Luke. That's unforgivable.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1

For a lot of the later seasons I found myself getting more and more irritated with how entitled and selfish Rory could be, but I think the moment I actually really disliked her was when she tried to justify hooking up with married Dean because he was hers before he was Lindsay's. Which firstly, he's not a possession, and secondly, that's not how life works.

Rory really did annoy in that way. She always complained about privileged kids that had everything handed to them, yet she had wealthy grandparents to fall back on to pay for private school, Yale, etc. It's not like she was a scholarship kid from the slums. She also would come apart at the seams the second things didn't go her way (getting mad at Lorelai for not being happy that she slept with Dean who was married, then stealing a boat, dropping out of school, and moving in with her grandparents because she got a bad review on her internship). She'd always been told she was the best of the best of everything, and she couldn't handle dealing with the harsh realities of life. Emily was so in the wrong about going to Christopher and trying to bust up Luke and Lorelai, this control stuff was why Lorelai left in the first place. And then with her busting into the diner and trying to act like she did what she needed to try and save their relationship and couldn't get why they weren't back together, ummm....maybe because it's not about you Emily, butt out.