Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Wichita Linebacker

Lisin
  • Start Topic

From IMDB: "Veronica is hired by by a Hearst football player to help him find his stolen playbook before the next practice, or risk losing his scholarship. As a result of the expose Veronica wrote about the campus sorority, Dean O'Dell threatens to expel her if she doesn't reveal one of her sources. Logan tells Veronica his schedule is keeping them apart, but she realizes he has been spending time participating in illegal gambling. Meanwhile, Veronica convinces Keith to hire Weevil to assist with office work at Mars"

I don't really have a lot to say about this episode. I didn't hate it, but I just don't have a lot to say. Aside from the fact that watching Kristen Bell stand next to Armie Hammer may be one of my favorite visuals ever. She's so teeny! He's a giant! Also heee! Baby Armie Hammer! Still a giant. 

I came here to mention Armie Hammer, too, because I don't have much else to say.

I will say that the scene where Veronica dresses up like an athlete, hides under the desk, and then has to pretend it's a sorority haze is pretty brilliant. I love how quickly she thinks on her feet.  It's silly, but it's my favorite scene in an otherwise completely lackluster episode.

• Love 1

Yep, nothing special here but the sorority takeout was fun. Also nice to see Weevil be good at things, sort of. But don't college campuses do, like, background checks on their employees?

Liked the little piñata-from-Mexico callback.

Logan is a huge dick here with little redeeming value, though, and yeah Veronica is overly cell-phone-tracky but he's being awful to her.

(This was the first ep I had never seen; all new to me here on out.)

• Love 1

I recognized his voice before I saw Armie.  And yes, giant Armie and tiny Kristen.

Not surprised at all that Weevil got a little too personal with a child abuse case.  That was not the right case to send him on, but PIs don't always get to choose who's the bad guy.  Glad Veronica found something he could do to use his other talents.  And love how she helped the dean.

Gotta admit, at first I was thinking how I couldn't believe Logan was being a dick to Veronica again, but then they showed that Veronica has her hang-ups too and was just a bit too stalkery, even if Logan was a little fast and loose with the truth.  Glad they seem to be working it out though.