Type keyword(s) to search

Bride & Prejudice - General Discussion

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, For Cereals said:

Did anyone watch the new season?  Didn’t know there was a previous one.  Came here to snark and was all “who is Eugene?”  😳

LOL, same here.  I had no idea there was a previous season and I started reading and thought "wait, WHO has a baby together already?", and "there's a gay couple???"

Anyway, I just watched the first episode, and it seems these couples have a long hard road ahead of them. 

I spotted this show wherever it was on prior, but never got involved with it. Maybe it wasn't doing well, & getting Cal involved is a way to get more viewers. Still, I found it a bit boring so far.

I don't understand the Christian/Jewish couple though. He's been living in her parent's house? They've been a couple, and now they're going to have a huge problem with him? & now his fiancée wants him to convert?  She knew who he was all this time, & now he's getting pressure to convert to marry her?  Maybe it's all fabricated, but that's BS to me.

• Love 1
On 3/4/2020 at 10:05 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

The girl with the man who is half Asian looks more Asian than he does. 
I’m not enjoying this show too much. It feel more contrived than the usual contrivance 

I find it completely fake. There's no way I believe the religious couple have come this far together without ever having discussed their faiths, importance in their lives, etc. If not there's no way they should be marrying anyone until they learn how to communicate. What have they been doing this whole time together... geez, ridiculous.

I also don't believe the other mom is so concerned about the man's NK heritage - he was raised in the US so that's ludicrous, & her 'acting' is overdone.

The only one I might believe is the last couple with the younger man not being who he's presenting himself to be, as stated by her mom, & possibly not treating his gf well - but I hope that's not the case. But if not, it's a shitty thing to accuse him of just for show drama.

It's mostly annoying background noise right now but I'm probably going to ditch it.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 2

Yes, this show turned out to be a little more obviously fake than even most "reality" shows.  Whenever they showed the two-toned hair woman all I could see were those LIPS (and, well, obviously, the two-toned hair)!!!  How much did they have to pay her mother to act so horridly racist?  And, last minute confession, Kiki is still married?!?!  That whole scenario reeks of a set-up to me, just for tv exposure no doubt.  And then the half-Jewish couple; week after week we hear NO, WE WON'T ALLOW IT, then last episode "SURPRISE, YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED - WE COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY AND PROUD!"  Eesh, I actually watched this. 

On 2/28/2020 at 10:11 AM, suzeecat said:

LOL, same here.  I had no idea there was a previous season and I started reading and thought "wait, WHO has a baby together already?", and "there's a gay couple???"

Anyway, I just watched the first episode, and it seems these couples have a long hard road ahead of them. 

Same here. I thought this was the 1st season.

On 5/1/2020 at 12:33 PM, suzeecat said:

Yes, this show turned out to be a little more obviously fake than even most "reality" shows.  Whenever they showed the two-toned hair woman all I could see were those LIPS (and, well, obviously, the two-toned hair)!!!  How much did they have to pay her mother to act so horridly racist?  And, last minute confession, Kiki is still married?!?!  That whole scenario reeks of a set-up to me, just for tv exposure no doubt.  And then the half-Jewish couple; week after week we hear NO, WE WON'T ALLOW IT, then last episode "SURPRISE, YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED - WE COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPY AND PROUD!"  Eesh, I actually watched this. 

I think Kiki was terrible. She strong Kateem along. He loved her little boy and now she won't  Marry him you in if she could.  Most men would not take in the son and love him like their own. Kiki is a pitiful mess with a lot of excuses.  Half of the men don't even treat their own sons that well.

• Love 1