Type keyword(s) to search

Home And Away - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Heh @ all the crazies.  Kyle is mad for getting so caught up with Isla.  She is bad news.  And I am not keen on Samantha Jade - the hair, the makeup, the sexualised posturing and expressions in her performances, it's all just too much for me.

I wish they would find who killed Charlotte, that story has been lost.

And again we have stupid men being hurt and keeping secrets, both Zac and Hunter this time.  The writers really like to dumb down these characters.

eta Really Zac?  Keeping more secrets?  He just never learns does he.

Edited by Nozycat

It was funny they got that bird hopping away with a piece of bread or something from the picnic - a bit of luck.  Did Hunter's lung collapse out of the blue or had he been injured?  I forget the plot of this show so quickly, lol.

So I take it Tank was in jail with Zac and maybe was the one who stabbed him.  That I could see Zac wanting to prevent Evie from knowing because of the guilt.  

Billie is continuing bad luck/choices of her love life, so she'll probably fall for VJ who is a minor - at least he's not her student.  

Right about Charlotte, they should clear that up - and move along.  

Yeah I liked the bird too, heh.

Lindsey, the girl Hunter ran away with, tried to take Alf's car and Hunter got hurt in the process.  He felt unwell after that but of course didn't do anything about it so then the lung collapse.

VJ and Sky are being so obvious, lol.

Maybe VJ and Sky will end up together having bonded over their older crushes.  Oscar and Billie can get together having bonded over having been crushed on.  

Thanks for the history - how soon I forget what happened on H&A.  LOL.  I kind of remember that car crash now.  

The engagement of Evie and Josh is out of the blue and a bit soon.  Probably to up the stakes when Tank does something.  He was so horrible before, it is hard to believe that he helped Zac without an agenda.  

The thing of people blaming themselves gets silly - I know they need drama.  But Tank is not injured because of Zac.  He is injured because of himself and some horrid other prisoners.  

Yeah I was thinking that about VJ and Sky too.

I don't think Ricki and Nate are a good match, too different.  Wonder if she will go back to Brax after all.  Loved - not, how Nate wanted Ricki to change her name but he never considered changing his own name.

I don't understand, there were a heap of witnesses there who know Isla committed the robbery and Kyle was trying to talk her out of it, haven't the police interviewed them?

Edited by Nozycat

I'm getting tired of the Rickie and Nate thing. They already did this and resolved it in favor of Nate. Now they are putting it in doubt again. Nate should realize her behavior is extremely abnormal for a bride. And she should quit leading him on. Obviously she settles because Braxton is such awful long term partner prospect who will always put rescuing others first over his wife and kid, but that is not fair to Nate.

Yeah I am over it too.  And what's the bet Ricki has doubts again now they are married.  As if they wouldn't have had mobile phones with them, total plot contrivance.  Those bridesmaids dresses were very bright, lol.

Looks like a new love interest for Phoebe.

Wow Kyle was never the sharpest tool in the shed but they made him particularly stupid in this latest storyline imo.  Must have inherited Brax' rescuer gene.

Eta - I sure do hope that counselling re abortions goes for longer than 2 minutes, that was terrible.  And don't protestors have to be further away from the entrance?

Edited by Nozycat
(edited)

Yes and also 2 members of the same family.  Sometimes I think they have the same writers or spy on each other for storylines.  They have had so much death in that family too, Denny was not that long ago for example.

And I can't believe they actually amputated Maddie's arm, it's all very heavy all at once.  I really thought they would have a last minute reprieve.

Of course Ricki and Nate immediately have problems in their marriage.  Can't they ever let people be happy just for a little bit?

And then Billie's rape and now she is pregnant from it.  I am ready for some lighter stuff.

Edited by Nozycat

Yeah and they had enough drama even getting married.  Let a couple work together against some problem.  The drama does not always have to be  at odds with each other.  

Wow tough luck for Maddie - seems it would be harder than losing a leg as the prosthetic can't substitute as well.  They left off her playing music anyway, but that's out (or maybe not, locally we have a one handed pianist who sings too).  The challenge of getting through life with one usable hand would be tough for anyone.  It's really going to be tough on Maddie - hope it causes character growth and maturity.  I was impressed that she asked if Roo was OK (even though she'd just lost an arm).  

Billie could not just take a hug?  She just lost two friends.  So sex is what is going to make her feel better?  And also with a minor.  

Yes I don't know why the writers don't get that they can write other stories for couples, not just conflict between them.

Yeah once again people fall straight into bed after barely kissing.  And now there will be a story about the paternity.

And what was with Phoebe meeting the new guy's daughter before they even know what they are.  Way to mess with a child's feelings. That felt to me like it was all about Phoebe.

These writers needs to have people not all be the same - i.e., react to their own tragedy by breaking up with their loved one.  At least Roo mentioned Maddie did this before and Maddie didn't stick to it.  

The number of deaths here would traumatize the whole town - it was nice of John to help Chris, because he does know what it is like - worse, since he was married.  But it does highlight how often they kill off characters.  

The new doctor is a good addition.  I wonder if she realizes how dangerous a town she has come to ;)

I wish they would give Maddie some character growth.  She keeps running when things get tough and supposedly learning from it but then does the same thing again.  And yes they recycle that storyline of breaking up ad nauseam.

I loved the storyline between John and Chris, very nicely done.

So new male characters with the doctor's family with some secrecy - taking the place of the Braxtons?

Leah was so stupid trying to keep the secret about Andy, much better to tell Evie herself.

Does look like a new seat of hot brothers are coming - hope they are a "bad boys' in a better way than the Braxtons.  

Leah can be stupid - I mean keeping something from her is so terrible and she always rips up the person who did it - now it's good enough treatment for someone else?  The previews cracked me up for the day when they made it look like the next day's show was going to have a lot of yelling Leah.  Not a good way to advertise an upcoming show! 

Billie does have the worst luck with her love life. Finally finds someone who likes her too, but he is six years younger and she just not only got raped but got pregnant from it.  The gods are trying to tell her she was not meant to have a love life.  Keeping the baby shows she sort of realize that and this may be her only chance to have a child.  

So is Maddie leaving the show?  I wonder if Matt will go too or if he will have another girlfriend leave.

I wish they would clear up Charlotte's murder.  It's been 6 months and hardly ever mentioned now - ridiculous to let it go so long imo.

Yeah yelling Leah is not good.

Of course Billie is saying now that VJ is the father.  Can't ever have a straightforward pregnancy.

And why is nobody worried about Irene?  Another story that is going on way too long with no forward movement and barely any acknowledgement of it.

It looks like they are going back to Charlotte's murder.  I forget why Josh is a suspect.  

Skye is pretty dumb.  Maybe the father won't dob Wayne in, but it usually involves some type of reporting when you are on probation.  

So Matt is left behind in the Bay.  Very manipulative of Maddie, just say you want to go on your own rather than do that.  

(edited)

Kat figured out that it was Josh and he admitted it, but I can't remember the details now (they are telling this very badly I think, that bit went so quick and overall it's so drawn out) but I think it was more of an accident than murder.  Looks like they'll get back to it soon now.

So are Skye and Tank gone?  I have read that they are.  I liked Skye at first but she was very dumb with Tank.

Yeah Maddie sure likes making decisions for other people and it was mean to Roo and Matt.  I feel for them both.

Eta - so miraculous how all of a sudden Brax is cleared and free.  And once again characters - Ricki and Phoebe jump straight from one bed into another.  Sure don't waste any time.  And Phoebe and Justin didn't even know each others' names.

Josh needs to own up.  I can't believe he watched Zac be arrested and kept quiet.

Edited by Nozycat

The old "confess to your child/sibling's crime to take the punishment for them" never fails any soap opera!

So the 3 brothers have a mystery. Why do they have to move around?  How come this time they get to be with their sister?  I liked how she left her breakfast dishes for them.

Why does Kat blame Ash for what Andy chose to do?  Maybe he would not do it but for knowing, but then how many people do such a thing?  Oh, in soap land, everybody.

Phoebe already has a new man!  Though I can't recall his name, I kind of feel bad for the second newest one with the daughter.  Keeping a man based on guilt and going to the new girlfriend to get her to back off - not something most people would want.  If he does not want you on his own, why not move on?  Tess is stupid.  Plus she's the one who cheated.  

Yeah of course the 3 brothers have a mystery, does anyone ever come to the Bay without one, heh?  And the sister got all up in Nate's private life but acted as if it was ridiculous when Phoebe told her about hers.  Methinks she has designs on Nate and obviously a secret about where she worked before.  My understanding is that they all move together repeatedly.

All the young people having tattoos nowadays - at least it helps identify people.  Billie recognized that from the rape.

I wonder is the psycho Irene son the new Kyle - eventually going to live among the people of Summer Bay as if he had not done horrid things.

It is soap opera law that civilians often do better than the police at whatever they are supposed to do.  But that was a touching scene where Chris and Olivia found Irene.  

I wonder is the psycho Irene son the new Kyle - eventually going to live among the people of Summer Bay as if he had not done horrid things.

I would hope not but they have form and brought Kane back from rape and Kyle from being horrid like you say as well as others, Andy was redeemed too.

But Josh has become horrible imo, hope he goes away.

Now they have to create trouble between John and Marilyn, can't they let them be happy for a bit?

That new kid is a brat like they always are at the beginning on H&A.  So no doubt John and Marilyn will be figuring out his problems and solving them and one day he will love them.  Though knowing this is the likely plot is not really bad and it still can be interesting to watch it unfold.  

Billie is looking guilty which is good.  She needs to not be doing this to VJ.  Though being a soap I guess things like this have to happen.  

(edited)

I am liking the witness protection story line, something different for a change.

And so VJ proves that he is too young and immature.

Edited by Nozycat

I am still way behind. I'm only in mid-May, but have a few comments. I can't believe Josh was going to go ahead with marrying Evie even though he knows he's going to be arrested (hopefully soon). And the exit storyline with Kyle was just stupid. He's going to take the blame and go to prison for some girl he just met? Nobody is that noble, and certainly not Kyle. I see some other characters seem to be leaving soon, and I'm ready for some new ones to be honest.

(edited)

Yeah and I couldn't believe that Josh let Zac be arrested and the family be so upset.

Indeed the storyline with Kyle was ridiculous.  Yeah Kyle sure deserved some punishment.

I am liking the new family and their storyline, finding it all very interesting.

eta - that was NOT a sleep out nor was it sleeping rough

Edited by Nozycat

Thanks Nozycat!  

I'm not liking Alf all that much.  

The whole soap opera thing about people being jerks to the professionals trying to help is old, and trying to do the rescue yourself because the professionals aren't good enough, and that is supposed to show you love the person you are worried about.  How about letting them concentrate instead of putting your own emotions first, which is what they are really doing - putting that ahead of their loved one's safety/rescue.  Same with Billie towards Mason.  

Ash was getting on my nerves in this vein but then I liked him a bit better for burying the hatchet with Justin.  

I wonder if they are killing anyone off in this - plot wise there does not seem to be any good candidate.  Brody had no seat belt on and is missing but killing him off at this point so soon after he was introduced seems like something they would not do.  Billie and Leah look like they are in bad shape but I don't think they'd kill of Leah but if the actress was leaving would write some happily ever after ending. Billie maybe, poor thing has not had a real happy life.  Then Ash would be all over with Justin getting revenge.  The issue about Bilile lying about paternity would be unresolved though.  Or it would be awkward to bring it up.  

Yeah I think they have made Alf too angry too much of the time, they need to dial it back a bit imo.

Totally agree about people being jerks to the professionals and putting their own emotions first.  I hate it when a character gets taken to hospital and their loved one is yelling about what is going on and help them.  How about you stay out of the way and let them do their job.

I hope we don't have another death for a while.

Tabitha is a piece of work, hope she gets found out soon.

Seriously Zac?  Sure didn't last long his feeling guilty over putting work before spending time with Leah.

Edited by Nozycat

Looks like she got past it this last episode.  

The Kat case is interesting.  But then there are two cases against that guy for battery - unpermitted touching.  She could spin it into self defense though she did it afterward.  Just doesn't seem right for him to claim to be the victim. 

You were right about Kat.

I so don't get people's attitudes to Duncan wanting to stay in Australia.  They are all going great and completely ignoring that he has a child he would be moving half a world away from.

I thought I heard the Yankee call herself Duncan's wife, then someone called her and ex-wife - can't tell if they are divorced or not.   Yes, I'd think he'd want to stay where his son is and where he had already been living.  Alf's 180 is funny too.  At first he was paying Duncan's child support and making him feel guilty about that, now suddenly, his wife or ex is the enemy not to be trusted.   I can see them wanting Alf to have more family so maybe they will all stay.  

Lucky Tori - a looker like Nate, who is also a doctor and a cute pilot, decisions, decisions.  Chris is so funny.  He's like comic relief with his silliness.  It was funny how Nate kept having to resort to telling him to just shut up.  

Though Hannah is dead now, she did not exactly make Chris' life happy for let's say over 50% of the time she spent with him.  Seemed mostly she was breaking up with him.  

I don't really buy that the whole school would hate Olivia for a video obviously mucking around.  And she is gorgeous anyway so she'd probably be popular and people would recognize she was being silly.  Tabitha is pathetic and she's the one who would not have people on her side.  

Yeah Chris could do much better - he is still heartbroken though.

I agree, didn't seem likely that the whole school would side with the new girl, not the girl they know.

So there are 3 of them standing around, one of them a cop whose spidy sense was tingling and none of them saw the car and the guys come up?

I kind of feel bad for kids these days.  On the one hand, the culture seems to make it your duty for the other to know what they are getting so they won't get hurt, on the other hand, it doesn't seem very romantic.  Mason is so sweet, yet it's like he's the bad guy.  People talk to him like he's wrong in some way.  I root for him to just drop Evie entirely and move on.  That's what he should do, not hang around to get scolded for actually falling for someone and failing to take advantage sexually where all red blooded men are supposed to think this is great and better than those relationship demanding women out there. 

Well I am curious why Decker wanted Justin to go to his nieces if anything happened to him.  I guess in witness protection like he was, he can't allow for a contact to notify in case something happens to him?  It looks like they are his next of kin.  I wonder if he is going to live or not and what was his connection to the Morgans' mother.  Maybe he is the real father of the younger ones?  I remember the show messing around with the parentage of Casey and Andy so it seems they like to write those stories.  

Ellie is beyond unreasonable.  Let's lash out at anyone who tries to help. Raffy is a nice kid  

Does phoebe want Justin or not ?  

Hope just needs to get a job in the bay.  In soap land that is never very hard. 

Wonder what the deal is with Atticus. 

Heh it always takes me a while to remember new characters' names.  I am going who is Ellie, Raffy, Atticus?  So I get Ellie and Raffy, that came back to me, but who is Atticus?

Yeah Raffy seems nice, Hope is awful, and Ellie almost seems like she has mental health issues.  And she only gets one week's suspension for setting a fire???

Phoebe would do my head in with the way she barges in with her views like a bull in a china shop and expects others to just go along with her. I was glad when Justin told her off.  Even if she is right she goes about it the completely wrong way imo.

Atticus is the Morgan's minder, usually called by his last name.  Funny now I cannot recall what his last name is!  Now he is in a coma.  

Ellie does have major problems.  I don't see a problem with DOCS taking her from an older brother, simply because he is not equipped to deal with such a disturbed teenager.  That wouldn't be a bad or cruel thing.  Matt made the right decision and sees that it seems.  

Evie finds the place crowded, lol there is endless room at that house.  That set remains though the residents change completely.  I suppose Alf is always there.  It is funny to watch this show so many years and now Leah is there - she had not been for a long time.  It must be odd to move into a house you know really well from having friends there so long.  Evie going back to the farmhouse is interesting too.  Kind of like growing up and moving out, but then to a house you already know.  That house set too remains though entirely different characters live there.  Now it seems like it is a single girls' refuge. 

Ah thanks Kim, didn't realise his name was Atticus.

Yes Ellie needs a lot of help.

I like the girl's house and Evie moving in with them, she is growing up.

Phoebe - you broke it off with Justin, you have no right to try and control his life now.  She is always trying to control others and be a know it all.

So it looks like Billie has been caught but only by Dr. Cooper.  This little accident brought that out.  She and that baby have now been through a plane crash and being hit by a car.  Nate I doubt can do anything but try to pressure her to tell the truth.  I imagine VJ likely to have stuck by her anyway; it's Billie that lacks confidence.  

Doing immigration law in the US I wonder if it would be legal for Caroline to stay and work. She is not married to an Aussie citizen.  The kid likely can claim it but is that enough for her I wonder.  Maybe they will do the marriage of convenience story line. Ash looks like he could be on the hook. 

Nate seems to need to mind his own business. If he had any medical reason to look into it then it is still not his say what Billie does with the information.  It was interesting they had her mention the time she had accused Nate. I had totally forgotten that!  

It had to come out about Billie and her baby eventually.  Hard for Nate that she won't tell VJ.  I am on his side, she needs to tell.  VJ has a right to know he is not the father and then make a decision based on that.

Yeah Caroline couldn't just stay, but this is soapland where such things are ignored.