Type keyword(s) to search

Home And Away - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I am glad Caroline's secret is out.  The kid might have the disease but not necessarily.   

So none of the Morgans can ever be famous, but somehow they have to live out there in public.  Now it's not credible that the syndicate would have to kill Brody because he is a cook in a restaurant.  I suppose he could be a witness to something but then couldn't he testify and put the syndicate members in jail.  

Hunter and Olivia are just dumb.  Just go to uni for crying out loud, and let Hunter take the time to decide what he wants to do.  

I don't get Caroline.  She has a terminal disease so she doesn't want the father to know or have a good relationship with the son when he is going to be taking over.  She should be working together with Duncan.  I guess she feels so ashamed but to me her son comes first.  Instead she is completely stuffing him around.

Wow I thought that was really skeevy of Hunter to try and get Olivia to spend her trust fund so he can have fun and go travelling with her.

What is up with Zac?  Again he is lying.  He is such a liar, I hate it.

Didn't that cop need a warrant ?  Ash should have enough experience to know.  

Brody is the smart one lol. 

I was thinking how the Morgan's would have to have noticed their mother was pregnant. So her going away is a good explanation. 

Yeah Ash should have known the cop needed a warrant.

Yeah but their mother was away for several months and they didn't see her at all during that time?

What was up with Billie talking about her bump meaning she couldn't go in the water, you can barely see it.

Hunter and Zac are both being d.cks.  Hunter with continually trying to stop Olivia from studying, pure selfishness.  And Zac disappearing all the time and lying, especially straight after they have had talks about spending more time together and doing that weird live apart thing.  He better have a good reason, I am just about done with him.

Kate and Ash the star crossed lovers is getting a bit contrived. And why she stormed off as though she is nit equally at fault is a mystery.  Or maybe she is just immature like Hope. Not telling Raffy and trying to manipulate her to distrust the Morgans is useless in the long run as they already grew up together and their relationship would not change. 

Kat can be very fragile emotionally.

So Raffy knows.  What a strange place to keep the DNA results.  I finally realised where I know the actress who plays Raffy from - she is or was on Little Lunch, which I love, cracks me up.  Good to see her growing up and getting more work.

Nice Hope got caught.  What an awful person.  Stealing from people who are helping you.  

It would be disorienting for Raffy and IMO Torie was a little too direct.  "She's not your biological sister" would have been better than "She's not your sister."  And they are still cousins.  

The reveal Justin has a child he left behind is interesting, though what they are going to do with it would be another problem.  The Morgans are still in hiding?  Maybe someday they will write the Morgans out of the predicament so they can bring in Justin trying to bond with the daughter.  

Torie did not seem torn but now does, a bit.  Duncan is cute but Nate is the total hunk type.  And a nice guy on top of that - well, this is fictional!  

Seriously Zac, you were telling lie upon lie and neglecting your family for that?  Ridiculous reason.  And he doesn't even seem to think he did anything wrong.  The lies come so easy to him and he shows zero remorse and seems so immature.  He has lied to Leah for various reasons over the time they have been together and I can't believe she isn't more upset.  And so ridiculous the way he and Sam kept meeting in public, and why would Sam be hanging around Summer Bay like that.  Seems to me there might be more to the story on her part.

Well Hunter's own father was way to caught up in his own selfish stuff to actually be a father, blech.  Indeed why did no one make sure he was up?

What was up with Nate leaving his bag with the drugs open with Hope straight after she had hit him up for more drugs and was obviously desperate?  That was criminally negligent imo.

Edited by Nozycat

Hope apparently thinks she knows more about what the dosage should be than a doctor does.  Even after she was awake after the overdose, she is lecturing the doctor that what he had given her was "not enough."  Stealing from his bag is stupid and wrong no matter where he leaves it.

Hope is a criminal and they need to quit coddling her.  No she is not a good person.  She claims Raffy means so much to her, yet she has done the wrong thing and put Raffy through this separation.  It looks like Phoebe is stepping up here.  

Being a martyr about the birthday is making Evie even less likable.  The writers here have a way of making someone one should feel very bad for so unpleasant to others that you don't care.  

Not liking this Jeannie? Jenny? either.  At least not for this episode.

There must be quite a backstory to Jeannie for her to be acting like that.

How stupid and/or self-centred are some of these people?  Kat telling Evie before she had some solid info and even giving her the location.  Evie heading straight into the middle of a police raid and later going into a crime scene.  She always just cares about what she wants in the moment.  Tori taking the rap for Mason.  Mason reporting Nate on his own phone.  Nate not being upfront about his shoulder.  I could go on.

Edited by Nozycat

If Jeannie is 23 and has a job she can tell her parents sayonara.  Maybe there is something else going on there.  

Yes, it's a soap opera thing to take the rap for your children or sibling and so dumb as that does more harm than good.  But I suppose it is to make Tori look self sacrificing and prove how she loves Mason.  

So they are doomsday peppers and a cult. Hope Jeannie can get away from them. 

This sam is doing casting couch type stuff. Misusing her position to exploit people who want to get published. Zach needs to get a clue

Yeah Sam was pretty awful, but boy was Zac dumb and immature and so loved getting his ego stroked.  And wow Leah let him off so easily for all those lies that came so easily to him.

Are they setting John up for Alzheimer's with him forgetting so much and having these angry outbursts?  I would find that sad.

I am over Billie's mopey and guilt ridden faces, let's move this story along already.

Yeah they've been advertising them for a while here.  I think it is the character that had the tatt removed.  Wonder how this will be resolved between Heath and Bianca.

I thought they dressed Raffy completely inappropriately for a girl her age the other day.  But then I often think characters are dressed inappropriately on this show, like the women when they are working at Salt in short denim shorts, or what Heath used to wear into Salt.

Seriously?  They had sex in the lift?  When it could work again any time?  Do these people have no self control?  I hate it when couples kiss for 30 seconds and are already tearing each others' clothes off.  What about some build up?  Blech, lol.

The actor who plays Mason needs to step back from the spray/fake tan, he is starting to look like an Oompaloompa, heh.

Edited by Nozycat

I agree there was no need for elevator sex, they should have saved that for another scene and made it more romantic.  It seems like younger people these days don't want sex to contain any romance to it, as they arrange their relationships step by step and make sure to be in agreement and always back off, as if they are so afraid of getting hurt they have to make sure it won't happen.  After being so smitten with her that he was going to leave his job over it, now Tory is thinking he just wanted a one-elevator stand maybe, and has to clear up with him that he's not taking her casually?  Really?  

I once dealt with cult members and they do get very, very upset if they are referred to as a cult.  Jeannie does not seem to be totally out of that cult.  Like she wants out but also doesn't.  That might be natural to happen especially if you are raised in it.   They see everyone outside as an enemy who is persecuting them and take every contesting of what they might want as religious persecution.  

Plus if you leave you lose your parents, or whoever, it is not just tolerated.  

Is VJ any more likely to bail than any other man?  I mean there are tons of split ups.  Ash will always be around, so what is he worried about?  If VJ will stick by Billie after she lied for months, that's pretty solid. 

Yeah Jeannie obviously loves her parents very much, she is only just detaching a bit.

Wow Kat gets like a dog with a bone.  At least things are coming out now.  Hopefully the Morgans will soon be free of it all.

Wouldn't gun shots bring the police?  Especially in Australia where there is gun control. 

Leah forgetting her first anniversary come on. How could those brothers matter ?  

I forgot Bianca and Zach's friendship about completely. Just don't recall him advising her not to marry Heath. 

Bianca and Zac had a one night stand didn't they?  He continues to be awful.  Now he's lying about something else.  Why didn't he say something about their anniversary himself?  No he just had to pout.  And they keep having the same problems over and over.

And we are back to Braxton drama - snore.

On the other hand I have enjoyed the witness protection storyline, something different for a change.  Good it's all coming out now.  But boy that was the fastest trial in history.

It is nice to see that happen and then moving on.  Justin's next story is already on with the Ava situation.  

It was funny that they have been using their fake names even amongst themselves.  Probably a good idea, to avoid slip ups outside of the house.

Zac always makes the same decision not to tell, and never learns.   

Sheesh, they couldn't let Tori et al be happy for a little while?  We have to jump straight back into kidnapping etc?  Boring.  Plus Irene's son back again.  I read somewhere where they were returning to more family oriented stories because they had been getting feedback about too many criminals and stalking, but doesn't look like that to me.

And Phoebe does my head in at the best of times the way she always thinks she knows what is best for people.  Now she takes on the music festival as a way of doing something for someone else and instead tramples all over Evie, doesn't do what she committed to and is totally self-centred about her stupid song.  I would like to give her some home truths.

Ok not sure if I saw that right, was that John lighting the fire?  And if so WHAT?

Mick is so creepy, the actor is playing it really well to get that across.

They sure are taking their time with unfolding what is going on with John and setting the fires.  Looks like he himself has no idea.

They've set up Leah going against Irene too.  Not very pleasant.  There is sure to be at least one soap opera kidnapping of the poor child.  

Keeping kids from their parents is never good in real world or soap land.   Ava deserves to know her father just like Raffie did.  Luc also should know about all of it.  People have to compromise.

Ash is still being a moron.  A few more days in a hospital is worth giving up for a chance to see the ocean again with your husband and child.  The writers are creating unnecessary drama there and making Ash look stupid and selfish.  

Oh yes, I forgot about Irene who has gone missing again - where is she supposed to be, I can't remember.

I can understand Nina's reservations with all that history, I get both sides.

Ash is a neanderthal and a bully.  I agree with what you say.

So finally they are working out what is happening with John, wonder where it will go from here.

Ugh, Zac is so awful and imo Leah should finally stop forgiving him for all his bs and kick him out.

Eta Wth Leah, why was she being such a b.tch to Ash and Irene.  Sometimes I think her and Zac deserve each other.

Nobody said why the girls are being evicted from the farmhouse.  And why would Evie be looking for a place if she is spending a year overseas?

I really feel for John, that would be horrible.  But I seem to have missed something, how was the fire the cause of Billie's death when she had cancer?

Edited by Nozycat

Yes, Billie had cancer, so the fire can't have caused that.  Maybe made her cough more and they discovered it sooner.  But that cancer was incurable. 

VJ is young to have a baby on his own.  Naturally the grandmothers would help and they should.  They also have Ash.  Maybe Billie's mother?  

Edited by Kim0820

Yeah where are Ash and Billy's mum and dad?  Did I forget something?

So Evie, Matt and Ellie are all leaving the Bay.  Wonder who will replace them.

What is with Nate constantly going for women who keep dumping him for other men?  And Tori who keeps going from one to the other.

Enough for me with baby Luc crying, I just find it distressing.  Every time a baby is born on a show we have to go through this. And Leah - listen to your son.

Edited by Nozycat

I agree and the previews freaked me out with VJ and the baby.  He is a young kid, so he doesn't need all that I-don't-need-anyone's-help pride that Summer Bay inhabitants seem to all have - maybe it is something in the water.  He should know he needs a lot of help and be wiling to take it.

And a baby would be cute and cuddly at least some of the time, maybe even more often than not.  

Heh, yes they are all I don't need help, I don't want to go to or stay in hospital.  Dumb.

Wow Patrick is awful.  He doesn't seem to get how horrid it is what he did to Ash and Billie and seems to think it was no big deal.  He could at least apologise properly and try to understand.  But at least he told Ash what someone should have told him a long time ago about Billie's cancer and the fire.

Irene sure kept putting her foot in it.

Why is Salt doing so badly if Brodie is such a good chef?  Makes no sense to me.  It was doing well before.

So glad John and Marilyn are staying.

Lena is just awful the way she keeps pushing drugs on people.

I don't get Brody being so worried about the restaurant not doing enough business and then saying it has become the most popular in the region.  Which is it H&A?

Yes, Lena is a true "drug pusher."  

Patrick refuses to face his problems, puts others in danger, etc.  Typical member of that family. 

Having two wrong marriages is not Torie's fault, nor is it the fault of "marriage."  

Kat has a total right to ask to be safe.  Luke/Patrick is dangerous and Ash is way out of line to expect Kat to live with him.  What if he did to her what he did to Ash.

I think Irene is out of line too but once again Ash is going at it like a bull in a china shop.

And once again they can't just let a new couple be happy for a little but they immediately have to have conflict and drama.

Yes I often wonder if they think younger viewers would be bored if there was not enough conflict and drama.  They always add in more than seems necessary IMO.  

Irene really does seem to be trying to keep Ash out of things with regard to the baby.

The thing with the house is really overdone.  I suppose it is near Mangrove River, so there must be crime.

Lol I always got to see my nieces and nephews. Irene is bringing this on herself. Why is she making it that tough for Ash?  Just let him see her and no problem. 

And she she is supposed to be relieving VJ not taking over. 

Yeah Irene was being unreasonable.  But Ash is no better exploding all over the place and thinking he would be a better person to have custody and just expecting Kat to go along with it.  What does Kat see in him?  He operates so immaturely.

I already don't like James after the silly buildup, heh.

Wow Phoebe's friend, judgmental much?  Or jealous?  Glad Phoebe didn't put up with that.