Type keyword(s) to search

From Janet Tamaro to Jan Nash

(edited)

I know that Season 5 has yet to start from i am really liking what I see from Jan Nash on Twitter. She has been tweeting a lot of pictures and answering a lot of questions from fans. What do you see so far from Jan Nash? The difference how they deal with fans on Twitter.What do you expect from her? And from Season 5? 

What did you like about Janet Tamaro? And what didn't you like about her?

I remember last year, I read it somewhere, that there was tension on the set. Not between Sasha and Angie, but with Janet Tamaro. Then when it was announced she was stepping down, I started to believe it. 

I recall an interview where the interviewer asked if Sasha and Angie ever ad-lib, and Janet said they don't. And that she pretty much tells them to stick to the script.

I also remember an interview with Sasha where she was asked about wardrobe. She would not name names but she said that after she gave birth to Leonardo she had a hard time losing the weight she gained. But someone kept insisting she wear the clothes that was similar to what Angie would wear. She was upset because her and Angie have different body shape.

She is not a great writer at all, so why would she leave the job, right?

Edited by IndependentMind

The primary relationship on “Rizzoli & Isles” is that of Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles.  Whether you see them as best friends or closeted-even-from-themselves lovers, those two women are what it’s all about.  Lesbian subtext was not intended, but the extraordinary chemistry between Angie Harmon and Sasha Alexander made it happen anyway.  

Janet Tamaro said of her characters again and again: “They’re straight!”  And both Maura and Jane meet and date men they've met, mostly through their work.  But these heterosexual relationships never last.  (I’m convinced Casey will not return.) 

I think the men Jane gets involved with feel like beards (camouflage) to some fans because Jane is written as a strong, independent woman, at first.  A woman who makes it clear that marriage to a man isn't her life goal.

“Are you married?" Retired Detective Kenny Leahy
"No." Detective Jane Rizzoli
"Ah, that’s too bad."
"Uh no, it’s my choice."
'Why is that?”
"Because any man I could love wouldn’t want me doing this job. And I love this job."

That episode was written by Janet Tamaro (S02.E02:Boston Strangler Redux).  The same Janet Tamaro who wrote all the episodes with Casey, episodes in which our strong, independent Jane Rizzoli turned into a bucket of fluff (aka marshmallow creme).

R&I is notorious among its fans for a casual approach to continuity (an inadvertent beard for Jo Friday sparked an uproar and apology from JTam).  But character inconsistency has been all too common as well.  Jane’s heterosexuality is periodically shoved into episodes, with Agent Dean, Lt. Grant, Lt. Col. Jones, and Lt. Martinez as beards.  (Is Jane Rizzoli a badge bunny?  Good thing Maura has a CME badge!)  Then the beard leaves Boston and our TV screens.  Maura Isles' many "unfortunate" hook-ups with straight men give me hope that she may yet come out as bisexual.

Jan Nash is the executive producer, not a writer.  I think this is good, since JTam's insistence on wearing too many hats (creator, developer, executive producer, showrunner--I think that's the whole list she used for Twitter) didn't work.  I'm glad she got the show started, but I wish she'd gone on to other projects sooner.  As to why JTam left R&I, you might read the comments on deadline.com when her departure was announced.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/rizzoli-isles-showrunner-janet-tamaro-steps-down/

I am reading Jan Nash's Twitter posts and she mentioned that she is writing but most of it will be done by the other writers.

If you notice in tv nowadays, writers are also executive producers.

Jan Nash will be running the show. So she will also be writing some episodes but won't be as controlling as Janet Tamaro.

I read the comments at the bottom. I don't know how much truth were in those comments. But like I mentioned in my post, I remember reading tension on the set with Janet Tamaro.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/rizzoli-isles-showrunner-janet-tamaro-steps-down-064441627.html;_ylt=A0SO8xrprEFTSFYAuBhx.9w4;_ylu=X3oDMTE0cnUzamZtBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA01PVVMxNDlfMQ--

I laugh at the part where she says "She is at the top of her game." The show works because of the unbelievable chemistry between Sasha and Angie and not her writing.

I find that character absolutely slimy, so I hope she leaves him in the Tamaro era.

Of course, I also hope she shitcans the pregnancy storyline, but she seems to be running with it.

I agree Bastet. I find Martinez slimy and I hope he never returns! I like the actor but I cannot stand his character.When a man tries to get in a woman's pants knowing that she is in a committed relationship with another man means he has no respect for her. That is just my opinion. That whole thing with Martinez, Jane turned me off. 

I was so happy when TNT decided to replace Janet Tamaro because she has totally ruined Jane for me. 

I think this whole pregnancy thing is just a teaser but who knows. 

• Love 1

I've been really enjoying Jan Nash on Twitter. Her pictures and comments are refreshingly straightforward and fun compared to other show runners I've followed.

If the change brings about anything, I hope it is the phasing out of Tommy/Lydia/TJ and Hope/Paddy/Cailin. I really dislike those two groups. If she would rid me of them or at least dramatically reduce their screen time, I would be ever so grateful.

• Love 1

I actually love Maura/Hope. And I hope to see Hope more. But would love to never see Tommy and Lydia. unfortunately, we will see Tommy again since Sasha or or was it Colin who tweeted a picture on the set.'

As much as i love Lorraine Bracco, I would love to see less of Angela. She is quite annoying at times.