Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E07: Hollywood Round #1

• Start Topic

Thanks.  So no spoilers to dig for at this point ... we know the top 24 and that's all we're gonna know until the live shows?

According to MJs, this is how the semifinals will go: http://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2016-semifinal-schedule.htm

The Top 24 will be split into 2 groups of 12 (not men versus women though, like past seasons because 

there are a couple more girls in the top 24 this year than guys

) so one group performs one week, hour long show, the other group performs the next week and it will be taped. The judges get to vote on the final 14, so 5 are eliminated from each night. The audience does not get to choose the top 14. 

I didn't even realize plumber-young-dad was cut. I was hoping he'd stand out. Was his line o' 10 audition shown or just the cut?

They showed him in a very brief montage of line of 10's who were eliminated- I don't think we ever heard him sing.  :(

Any intel on blonde haired chicken farmer guitar playing Alabama teen?  ("Country Boyfriend")

• Love 1

La'Porsha was good. She did not rock my world, though. (We've seen a lot of good belters on The Voice.)

And frankly, I cannot get past that hideous brown brillo pad/sponge/mushroom cloud 'do she's wearing.

LaPorsha's hair looks like a giant butt to me.  

I don't think this "the girls are so much better than the boys" manipulation is going to work. There is a reason that guys always win and that simply is because the majority of voters are teenage girls. Try as they might to stack the competition in the girls favor, we are most likely looking at a cute, young white guy win. My money is on Dalton.

This show hasn't been cool with teenage girls in over a decade, I think.  Their moms and grandmas, maybe.  

Why in the world in its last season would the show give a rat's ass what gender won?  

They showed him in a very brief montage of line of 10's who were eliminated- I don't think we ever heard him sing. :(

Any intel on blonde haired chicken farmer guitar playing Alabama teen? ("Country Boyfriend")

I'm going out on a limb and saying she probably got cut already. She was not shown or mentioned in group round either unless she was seen for a brief second somewhere. We'll probably know for sure in the final solo round.