Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Murder in the First Class

Another passenger arrives dead at LAX, and the lieutenant has finally been diagnosed with bacterial meningitis. The gang goes undercover aboard an airplane to catch the killer in the act. The only problem? The lieutenant doesn't believe in antibiotics.
Edited by yeswedo
updated description

I'd like to think I get most of the dumb jokes on this show, but there's one in this episode that stumps me. It's the one where the Captain is asking his smartphone (or whatever it is) how to fly a Boeing 767, and the artificial voice answers "playing 'You've got a Friend' by James Taylor".

I just don't get it. Can anybody explain that one to me?

It's a joke about how shitty voice recognition software is. I remember my mother driving down the road repeated yelling "play satellite station 23!!!" And it telling her directions to Burger King or something. This joke made me laugh a lot.

• Love 2
the Captain is asking his smartphone (or whatever it is) how to fly a Boeing 767, and the artificial voice answers "playing 'You've got a Friend' by James Taylor".

I liked the reverse joke when the captain asked for "You've Got a Friend" and got instructions for how to fly a Boeing 767.

• Love 3

It's a joke about how shitty voice recognition software is. I remember my mother driving down the road repeated yelling "play satellite station 23!!!" And it telling her directions to Burger King or something.

Or the segment of the Lego Movie where Benny tries to disable the shield via voice commands....