Type keyword(s) to search

The Revenge Cast In Other Roles

Just Here

Emily VanCamp's indie film, The Girl in the Book, which also stars Michael Nyqvist (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Ana Mulvoy-Ten (House of Anubis), and Michael Cristofer (Mr. Robot, Rubicon), was officially released on December 11th, both with a limited theatrical run and also digital streaming (e.g., Amazon* and iTunes). Although the film has mixed -- yet generally -- good reviews, VanCamp's performance as present-day Alice has garnered some very positive comments ("exceptional," "a layered, memorable performance," and "a showcase for VanCamp's talents") (RottenTomatoes.com). Officially, the film is unrated, but it would probably fall under an "R" rating, primarily for language.

Here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWoGynCpy58

*Amazon has a 75% off promotion on one digital video rental through January 4th, 2016. Details should be on Amazon's page for the film.

• Love 1

Emily VanCamp has been immortalized as an official Lego minfigure, thanks to her role as "Agent 13" in Captain America: Civil War. The Agent 13 minifig appears in set #76051 "Super Hero Airport Battle" (Lego.com).

Madeleine Stowe, who starred in the original film version of 12 Monkeys will guest star in its TV adaption, appearing in the upcoming second season's finale, as well as providing a voice-over for the second season's premiere episode, which airs April 18th on the Syfy channel (EW.com).

Edited by Just Here
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Josh Bowman is Jack the Ripper in the new "Time After Time" series.

As excited as I am to have his pretty face back on my tv screen, this one sounds a little too ridiculous for me.

(edited)

Emily VanCamp has signed onto the FOX pilot The Resident (TVLine) --

The potential series — written and EP’d by Amy Holden Jones (ABC’s Black Box), and Code Black duo Hayley Schore and Roshan Sethi — centers on Devon Pravesh (Halt and Catch Fire‘s Manish Dayal), an idealistic young doctor who begins his first day under the supervision of a tough, brilliant senior resident, Conrad Hawkins (The Good Wife‘s Matt Czuchry), who pulls the curtain back on all of the good and evil in modern day medicine. Lives may be saved or lost, but expectations will always be shattered.

Van Camp will play Nicolette (aka Nic), an attractive nurse who also happens to the on-again-off-again romantic fling of Czuchry’s Conrad.

Edited by Just Here
  • Love 1

^That looks surprisingly good, at least as far as production values go.  Medical dramas aren't my thing, so I can't really comment on the procedural and technical aspects. But, I'll probably check out the pilot, and depending on how interesting and prominent EVC's character is, I might keep watching.

Though, regardless of the actual quality of the show, it being saved for mid-season doesn't give me hope that it will find enough of an audience for FOX to renew it.