Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Rule #72: It's Never Too Late To Be A Mean Girl

Another red-letter day for Jo, who has to have lapped the field for Worst Mother of the Year, and I'm including the "Affluenza" mom in this list.  Unbelievable.  It actually hurts to hear some of the shit that comes out of her mouth.

And Delia! Daddy issues much?  You realize you're fucking the same guy you're engaged to, right?

I still don't like Barbara, even with this slapped-together attempt to make her likable.  Sorry, Phoebe -- Abby could've handled it better, but Barbara offering you the writing gig smacked of passive-aggressive to me.

My favorite part was the "Most Likely to Succeed" moment.  A sweet (and needed) apology, and a nice way to highlight Phoebe's accomplishment.  Delia was right: that whole speech to Abby, about how Abby had always been told she was the "smart one" -- and how her friend needed that moment now.

Seems like a shame Delia went to all the trouble to sabotage the Janeane Garofalo character's career when she doesn't seem to care about having one herself.

Only it's starting to look like a pattern with her, being a badass predator where women are involved and allowing herself to be a passive-aggressive chewtoy for men whose demands she resents (first daddy, now Fiancé McGotrox). And now her jerk boss has a hook in her.

It becomes clearer every episode why these women (except Phoebe, who deserves better) spend time together. They're all some flavor of overpriced useless.

• Love 2