Type keyword(s) to search

The Affair Timeline of Relativity

blixie
  • Start Topic

So anyone want to take a stab at the time line of this show? I thought I had it on lock early in the season, but I realize that I thought a year had elapsed between the end of S1 with the confrontation at the Lockhart house (which appeared to be taking place in say August/September or roughly a year after Noah/Alison met at the Lobster Roll) and the beginning of S2, because a lot of stuff seemed to have "occurred" between the two things: Alison and Noah living in Cold Springs, Noah has his advance and his almost finished with the book, and mediation is just beginning in his divorce from Helen. The Lockhart's have lost their ranch/home, and Cole is a coked out cougar dating taxi driver. Yet it still appears to be "late summer -early fall".  And I think Helen/Whitney have a conversation about her not going to college in the fall, so she's still 18. The idea that ALL of that transpired in something like two months seemed absurd, but I forgot who's show I'm watching (TREEM) so yeah, it's probably at most two months ahead when we catch up with Noah/Alison in Cold Springs. 

Brain hurts too much to try to figure out how much time has been covered in S2 exactly.

• Love 2

I think in the first season someone linked to an article interview with Treem that explained that there will be 5 seasons. Each season will cover a year, and the flash-forwards are in real time 5 years in the future. However, that already doesn't make any sense because time is also passing in the flash-forwards, and it's not THAT far in the future because Allison just had her baby in show time and it's maybe 2 or 3 years later (do we know the baby's age?) in the flash-forwards. But okay, we're in year 2 and plus 3 in future time does equal 5, so I guess we can stil cover another 3 years to get to where we are now, and then maybe there will be a few more suspects to drag out the flash-forwards another 3 years from where they are now. So maybe Noah will get off this year and next year will focus on Allison as a suspect or something.

I think in the first season someone linked to an article interview with Treem that explained that there will be 5 seasons. Each season will cover a year, and the flash-forwards are in real time 5 years in the future. However, that already doesn't make any sense because time is also passing in the flash-forwards, and it's not THAT far in the future because Allison just had her baby in show time and it's maybe 2 or 3 years later (do we know the baby's age?) in the flash-forwards. But okay, we're in year 2 and plus 3 in future time does equal 5, so I guess we can stil cover another 3 years to get to where we are now, and then maybe there will be a few more suspects to drag out the flash-forwards another 3 years from where they are now. So maybe Noah will get off this year and next year will focus on Allison as a suspect or something.

I thought I remember an article where Joshua Jackson said Treem had planned for four seasons but now I can't find it anymore. I found another more recent interview with Treem than the one I'm remembering where she says they pitched it with three seasons but already had a potential fourth season in mind.

• Love 1

I thought I remember an article where Joshua Jackson said Treem had planned for four seasons but now I can't find it anymore. I found another more recent interview with Treem than the one I'm remembering where she says they pitched it with three seasons but already had a potential fourth season in mind.

I guess I made up that 5-year thing.

Edited by JenE4

So anyone want to take a stab at the timeline of this show?

Confrontation at the Lockhart house (August/September, roughly a year after Noah/Alison met at the Lobster Roll)

Alison and Noah living in Cold Springs

The Lockharts lose their ranch/home

Cole is a coked-out, cougar-dating taxi driver

Brain hurts too much to try to figure out how much time has been covered in S2 exactly.

I would call the day Noah and Alison meet "Day 1." First put all the known events in chronological order, then try to figure out how much time has passed. Like The Walking Dead timeline.

Edited by editorgrrl