Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: The Swedes

• Start Topic

Rewatching this episode tonight and I just have to say that I love the scene between Jake and Rosa at the end.

• Rosa: And I thought of what you could do for Amy for your anniversary. 
  • Jake: Oh, thank God! I got her a boogie board! It has an iguana playing electronic guitar on it? She's going hate it!

Jake says it with such horror. I can't decide if he bought it in a moment of panicked desparation knowing she wouldn't like it or if he bought it thinking it was actually a good idea and then belatedly realzed he'd made a huge mistake.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 12/7/2015 at 12:46 PM, Schweedie said:

My very favourite thing, though? Swedish lady cop's line about the languages Swedish people speak: "...But not Danish. That is a garbage language for garbage people." As a Swedish woman who speaks English, Spanish and a bit of Italian but hardly understands a word of Danish and is known to mock it, I totally loved that. (Her accent was mostly terrible, though. Sounded German more than anything.)

I thought part of the joke was that Danish and Swedish can be, to some extent, mutually intelligible? Along with the rivalry, of course.

I guess Lindhome doesn't speak Swedish at home (I think she's American-born of Swedish ancestry?).

On 12/9/2015 at 9:32 AM, dusang said:

At the end of the episode when Rosa requires 3 (4?) shots to reveal her boyfriend's name and Jake is providing his little narration (including "I've got to assume those belong to someone else") followed by his delight when she chokes out "Tom," I was thinking, "I really want to be friends with Jake Peralta."

He was genuinely happy when Rosa finally managed it -- no snark at all. "Delight" is the word. I think he'd be (mostly) an awesome friend.

Edited by Sandman