Type keyword(s) to search

All Season 1 Chat

• Start Topic

Let's talk about "The Profit"'s pilot season here, shall we?

Car Cash was okay, although I'm not that into cars.

Jacob Maarse was a mess and a half. How Hank had the nerve to say that Marcus didn't make changes when anyone with functional eyes could see that the place looked so much better after Marcus worked his magic is beyond me. Also, this episode has two of my favorite Marcus one-liners ever: "I'm actually looking for them (Hank's balls), I can't find them." and "You better call your mama and get my money back!"

Planet Popcorn sucked. That's all.

Eco- Me was duller than dishwater.

LA Dogworks. Oh, LA Dogworks. I think I'll sum up this episode with another one of my favorite Marcus quotes: "Oh my gosh, I hate him." Need I say more?

Didn't see the Mr. Green Tea episode.

What do you guys think?

"You better call your momma and get my money back" was hands-down the best quote ever!  I laughed really hard at that one.   It was weird.  Hank seemed like an okay guy up until then.  I don't know what happened, but he went off the rails.

I read somewhere that Marcus has sold off his stake in Eco-Me, as the 2 women founders were just too terrible to work with.  I imagine that happens a lot in these cases.  Always be worried when the owner continually refers to her business as her "baby".  That usually means "Hands off.  No one knows better than me!"

I liked the Mr. Green Tea episode because it was a nice, hard-working family who just needed a neutral third party to get the company back on track.  Dad was too scared to make any changes, and Son wanted nothing BUT to make changes.  I think this one will be one of Marcus' biggest successes, since everyone ended up agreeing that merging their styles would work the best.

Marcus got his start in business selling used cars, so he really knows that industry well.  I felt like he brought more than his usual insight into Car Cash, so it's no wonder that this was the first episode of the show.  He cut those auto brokers out of the deal pretty quick, and with a certain amount of glee, from what I could tell; no love-lost there.

Jacob Maarse was a mess and a half. How Hank had the nerve to say that Marcus didn't make changes when anyone with functional eyes could see that the place looked so much better after Marcus worked his magic is beyond me. Also, this episode has two of my favorite Marcus one-liners ever: "I'm actually looking for them (Hank's balls), I can't find them." and "You better call your mama and get my money back!"

This! 

"You better call your momma and get my money back" was hands-down the best quote ever!  I laughed really hard at that one.   It was weird.  Hank seemed like an okay guy up until then.  I don't know what happened, but he went off the rails.

Someone elsewhere pointed out that his behavior is very similar to cocaine use. Checked out, disappearing for a while without explanation, then suddenly having high energy and a desire to fight. Obviously I don't know anything, but it would explain a bit.

I read somewhere that Marcus has sold off his stake in Eco-Me, as the 2 women founders were just too terrible to work with.  I imagine that happens a lot in these cases.  Always be worried when the owner continually refers to her business as her "baby".  That usually means "Hands off.  No one knows better than me!"

The whole company was sold to Kittrich Company, which I would have to say is more than just selling off his stake. It's a successful exit for Marcus, which is what you want if you aren't going to build a national brand. However, whether he'd have gone a different route had the women been more pliable, I don't know.

Edited by Amarsir

So which owner was it who said something about his business like, "well, it's not like it's Camping World"?  Was it the ASL sign guy or maybe the LA Dogworks guy?  I had to laugh the other day when watching football and seeing that apparently Camping World is doing well enough to sponsor a bowl game (the Independence Bowl).  I don't think we'll ever see one of those other businesses doing that.

So which owner was it who said something about his business like, "well, it's not like it's Camping World"?  Was it the ASL sign guy or maybe the LA Dogworks guy?  I had to laugh the other day when watching football and seeing that apparently Camping World is doing well enough to sponsor a bowl game (the Independence Bowl).  I don't think we'll ever see one of those other businesses doing that.

That would be LA Dogworks.