Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter

Except for Grant being high, this was a supremely boring episode. I care less about this show every week.

After throwing out the premise, the show has nothing going for it at all.

It's such a ridiculous plot contrivance that Carter went to stay with Lori because she had nowhere else to go. None of her friends even have parents to object to taking her in! Bird, Max, Gabe - any one of them would have let her stay with them if she'd bothered to ask. Even Not Ofie (I can never remember blond kid's name), the only non-Wilson kid on this show who actually lives with his parents, could probably have got permission for her to stay there for a night or two, like he did with Gabe.

I'm really disappointed that they seem to be going the stereotypical crazy ex-girlfriend route with Jared's ex. It actually would have been refreshing if her side of the story held up and he turned out to be a jerk that jumps to "bitches be crazy" when women don't put up with his crap.

• Love 2

So, just wondering: Has Carter talked at all about what she wants to do with her life or is her current plan (..lol) just to work in some trashy ass bar forever throwing shady ass parties, stay with her creepy new boyfriend, eventually play step mom to his kid, have another by that same creep, have NO education and become a statistic?

• Love 2

So, just wondering: Has Carter talked at all about what she wants to do with her life or is her current plan (..lol) just to work in some trashy ass bar forever throwing shady ass parties, stay with her creepy new boyfriend, eventually play step mom to his kid, have another by that same creep, have NO education and become a statistic?

You would think that would be part of the show given that it's called "Finding Carter", but no.

• Love 1

This show gets more unrealistic each week. No Carter, Police do not need a warrant to investigate a noise complaint or to investigate a possible trespassing. They also have a right to ask for ID's of all the people drinking and to end the party and call the parents of anyone drinking under 21. Believe me, many teenage drinking parties are broken up by police (my spouse is one and he does it all the time). I don't know whether or not Jared and Carter had the right to be in that place, but if not they would be arrested. Her telling off the cops while she is only 17 and should neither be drinking nor serving alcohol is nuts.

I really wanted more of Elizabeth's story and more of a story about a family who lost and regained a daughter. Every episode now is about: teenagers drinking, teenagers using drugs/selling drugs/teenagers having sex. I'm not suggesting teenagers don't do those things, I'm saying it doesn't make for interesting story lines and huge parties like Carter throws would be busted by the cops and everybody would be in jail or sent home with their parents. 

• Love 3

I really wanted more of Elizabeth's story and more of a story about a family who lost and regained a daughter. Every episode now is about: teenagers drinking, teenagers using drugs/selling drugs/teenagers having sex. I'm not suggesting teenagers don't do those things, I'm saying it doesn't make for interesting story lines and huge parties like Carter throws would be busted by the cops and everybody would be in jail or sent home with their parents.

That's what it should've been considering what the premise was before they threw it out.

Edited by Free
  • Love 2