Type keyword(s) to search

The Bullpen

• Start Topic

All I can say is:

Amazing talent

Pouring through PTV

Please hire them stat, EM!

• Love 7

Okay, here's my challenge to all of you great haiku writers now:  Post your haiku, let's see if we can figure out which episode it's for. 

First one's a 'gimme':

Callous beauty, wounded soul

Sorrow cleansed

In flood of elephant's tears.

Edited by JustMyOpinion
  • Love 1

Yes it is supposed to be Seven Seconds. It must be bad to be a struggle to be guessed!

I don't think any of these are bad---much the contrary, in fact.  I'm very impressed with what everyone has produced, because I think haiku is probably the hardest thing to write.  I've got a friend who has published volumes of short stories and poetry, and has now gotten into haiku.  It can take him a full week to come up with just the right line!  I don't have the discipline (and don't like to count), so it's not something I'll ever be good at.  But I love what the rest of you have come up with.

I will have to limit my attempts, because I'm in the  middle of a more wordy enterprise.  But I enjoy reading yours!  Please keep them coming.

• Love 3

Yes! I thought I was getting too obscure with these. I blame you - I keep messing about with words instead of doing what I should be doing!

No, Old Dog, it's just that these are twice as hard without the title giveaway.

I blame JMO

Well, since JMO has backed out of all but the guessing phase, feel free to go back to the original method.  Although I was enjoying the guessing.....

• Love 1

Well, since JMO has backed out of all but the guessing phase, feel free to go back to the original method.  Although I was enjoying the guessing.....

No JMO, it is fun to guess - it just makes me worry about being too obscure. There's no stopping me now!

Constellations bleed

Transcending mortality

The madness persists.

• Love 2

All I can say is:

Amazing talent

Pouring through PTV

Please hire them stat, EM!

This needs to be put on a banner and flown over the CM lot.

• Love 2

So, the thing I'm learning from this, even when we don't get it right, is not about the writer of the haiku.  it's about the writers of the actual show.  There has to be some consistency there, or we wouldn't be able to apply the same haiku to more than one episode.  Or, does that mean a lack of creativity?  Oh, dear.....

• Love 1

So, the thing I'm learning from this, even when we don't get it right, is not about the writer of the haiku.  it's about the writers of the actual show.  There has to be some consistency there, or we wouldn't be able to apply the same haiku to more than one episode.  Or, does that mean a lack of creativity?  Oh, dear.....

In my case I fear it's more because I am a rubbish novice haiku writer and I am pants at puzzles in solving others' clever ones!

Edited by Old Dog
  • Love 1

In my case I fear it's because I am a rubbish novice haiku writer and I am pants at puzzles in solving others' clever ones!

"Pants at puzzles"----love it!  It's not a US idiom, but I am absolutely going to find a way to use it somewhere!!  Maybe Emily has acquired a little 'UK-speak'....

Edited by JustMyOpinion
  • Love 2

Let me try again...

Julio to Reid in Corazon

You hear me calling

Do battle with Man's Sickness

It's eating your soul

Am I dumb or what! Knocks head against wall!! Of course it is!

"Pants at puzzles"----love it!  It's not a US idiom, but I am absolutely going to find a way to use it somewhere!!  Maybe Emily has acquired a little 'UK-speak'....

Is that really not a saying over there! Common parlance here - no doubt Emily will have heard it after time in London.

• Love 2

THIS IS THE GREATEST THREAD EVER.

Isn't it? I just love how clever and creativity my PTV CM Besties are. We should put the haikus, the song titles we have for Spencer, Hold My Earrings, amongst other delights found in this thread and put them in a scrapbook for the CM cast. I bet they'd get a kick out of it.

• Love 2