Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: Fight or Flight

PinkRibbons

NOTE: Reign airs on Thursdays in Canada, meaning that the episodes are very often viewed a day before they have aired in the US. Therefore please be aware that this thread will almost definitely have spoilers for those who wish to wait until Friday night to view the new episode.

Mary must assist Catherine in her quest to become regent, even though the cost is high for Mary. Meanwhile, Claude sets out to help Leith marry; and Elizabeth has trouble facing the fact that she may lose Dudley.

Promo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-08oOa4bYfg

Wasn't the plan for Mary to marry the new King? What happened to that plan? Now she's looking at other suitors? 

Catherine and Mary being team BFF's just seemed weird. 

For all the demanding and fighting Narcisse put in for Lola, he's really quick to throw it all away. What happens to his role on the council if he's no longer the stepfather of France's son? 

It's funny how much more relaxing this show is when I'm not expecting Francis to drop dead any second. But here's hoping Toby has impressed enough to get another show on the CW -- it's funny how incestuous the network can be with their casting. I think I'd like to see him on The Originals, I think he may be one of the very few actors who can hold a scene with Joseph Morgan. Goodness knows he can out-regal just about any other male lead (there's a deleted scene from season two on the DVD in which Francis confronts Conde about the affair, although not in so many words. I'm convinced the scene was cut because of how insanely outmatched the actor playing Conde was -- we were supposed to feel like he had something special in him that Mary saw and we all know where that went.)

I liked Claude and Leith as platonic good friends. I thought the idea of her trying to get him a good marriage was lovely, and they really seemed to have fun. I don't see the romantic chemistry, but I like the friendly affection.

Never cared about Narcisse much, but loved that Catherine was willing to literally grab him by the balls during a conversation. I also liked Catherine's lady-in-waiting. I remember the talk about how this season was supposed to be about three Queens, I think they might be setting up more of an adult cast for supporting Catherine.

Adelaide spent a lot of the episode doing that wide-eyed thing sh does sometimes which I don't understand and frankly get ticked off by. She's got so much good acting in her, why the deer in the headlights eyes? As her story went, I kept expecting her to suddenly discover a cache of Francis's money and/or Catherine giving her a substantial loan or monetary gift. I also thought she'd get Lord what's-his-face's mercenary armies. Something seemed odd there. As it is I don't really see how she's in so much trouble with Elizabeth pulling out of Scotland. Looks like shows of force just kept making things worse.

I want very much to like Elizabeth but the acting is so uneven. She lacks the nuance to believably go from lovelorn maiden to deadly queen and comes off as not quite either. As it is I found myself liking Amy a lot more than her this episode. Forget Robert, Elizabeth should have Amy advising her. The girl's good.

On a shallow note, they need to stop putting Elizabeth in such washed-out colors. I thought she looked stunning in the navy outfit, but all the yellow/gold isn't complimenting her coloring.

• Love 1

Catherine had another great dress. And damn, Christophe. Good going, Catherine.

Leith and Claude are cute.

I like Elizabeth in any scene where she's not with Leister or focused on him. They'e insufferable together.

The actress who plays Amy is awful.

What was that song when Claude and Leith were dancing? It's stuck in my mind, I've been humming it all day, I know I know it, and for some reason have no idea what it is, and it's driving me crazy. Please help!! Thanks :-)

Never found it! It was the Vitamin String Quartet version of Ex's and Oh's - love the song a now I have gotten many versions (Vitamin, Elle King, even Noah Guthrie...) 

Edited by NutMeg
  • Love 1