Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E05: Movie week

Faves this week for me were Georgia and Giovanni's rumba and Anita and Gleb's Smooth.  I didn't think Georgia looked very pleased with her scores.

Jeremy Vine was Much Improved but still a bit awkward and wooden.

I can see why Daniel has all those fans; he's really rather charming.

Didn't get allthe fuss about Jay's jive - it didn't do a lot for me.  It was fast, I suppose, but his upper section seemed as wooden as Jeremy to me.

Some ridiculous stagings - I'm not sure which was sillier - Star Wars or Pirates of the Caribbean.  At least Kellie's actual dancing was decent but the theme was all wrong for a Charleston.  Peter's dancing was just plain bad.

Wouldn't you just know that after more than a year of putting up the dance clips on YouTube for anyone to watch, the BBC has suddenly decided to keep putting them up, but geo-block them NOW for anyone not living in the UK? :(

Bite me, BBC!

Now that's annoying. Have you tried again? I've read some people couldn't access the videos ...and then they could. Are the ones on the Facebook page the same?

Yes, I've tried, and yes, the result is the same on Facebook:  "The uploader has not made this video available in your country."  The only video I can watch is the results-show opener -- THAT video, the BBC has condescended to make available.

Yes, I've tried, and yes, the result is the same on Facebook: "The uploader has not made this video available in your country." The only video I can watch is the results-show opener -- THAT video, the BBC has condescended to make available.

It is just possible that there were additional copyright issues with the Movie theme, I suppose... (Clutching at straws, perhaps...)

Edit: Try this: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCUopSV1Z7yUg2PCSVdt3VkQ

Edited by ceebee

I kind of hated that Kellie got saddled with the Star Wars theme while Jeremy was given something elegant which could have been a show stopper in the right hands. The Lady and the Tramp theme was way over the top for me, but I think Kirstie seemed more comfortable hiding in the character, so I was ok with that one. 

I really enjoyed the show.

Loved Jay's jive. Cool and full of content, really well executed.

Anita's first ballroom dance wasn't perfect, but she really got into the character. Didn't like the crab move, but did appreciate the lift out of it.

Helen finally connected with me a little. It's a partnership I want to like, but it hasn't taken off completely.

Peter's paso was awful. Stompy. Costuming dire. Janette danced up a storm for herself, but he was left looking silly.

Jeremy is fun. A bit generously scored, but, of the duds, he's my favorite.

Jamelia was okay at the beginning, but it deteriorated. The choreo wasn't that inspired and she doesn't seem to be getting the technique.

Katie seriously let down this week. Anton, pull your socks up!

Kellie was very good, but costuming awful and the routine was repetitive.

Kirsty improved a bit, but the theme got in the way. I mostly just saw a brown boa.

Carol. Nice woman, but I'm beyond bored. Unfortunately she's popular...

Likewise Daniel.

Georgia looked stunning, and I enjoyed the rumba, but Len was probably right about lack of content. So rude to poor Gio tho'.

Ainsley messed up, but still fun.

Anthony was unlucky to get the boot. The judges cut all sorts of people slack (for being older, overweight, too tall, charming etc), but they barely acknowledged he was injured. Like this couple and will especially miss Oti. She's a great addition.

Edited by ceebee
  • Love 1