Type keyword(s) to search

S27: Cindy & Rick

• Start Topic

Well, not first.  Still in it after leg one.

I like most Asian teams, but I can see myself not liking them too much.  They're already fighting quite a bit too much.  They seemed to panic a fair bit at that Detour when they weren't even last.  But they were fortunate to finish early enough to finish high.

Don't see how they passed up Denise & James Earl, though.

Being an Asian male myself, I really want to like this team, but what happened at the Detour makes me feel that this could be the trainwreck team if they make it far, given that both are likely "Type A" personalities.

I don't know if I am ready to see a Colin + Joe (from Joe and Heidi from S16) rolled into one person - and that's what Rick could potentially turn into.

• Love 1

If this team has any weakness, then I'd say it's Rick.  He's wound too tightly, even when they're doing well.  They seemed to struggle just slightly with the Detour, but Cindy rocked out the Roadblock.

Nothing else seemed to go wrong, so they finished in a steady fifth place.  But Rick needs to lighten up.

This team is such a mixed bag, because I gave Rick mad props for being the first one to finish that Roadblock in one try.  But then, he and Cindy totally fuck up at the Detour and then with getting to the Pit Stop.

They can't possibly last that much longer on mistakes like that, can they?

I was actually impressed with the way Rick attacked the Roadblock. But then they flunked Reading the Clue on the Detour, and got so lost en route to the Pit Stop that they finished far lower than I'd predicted.

I do like Cindy, and when Rick isn't quite so condescending to her I find things I can like about him.

• Love 1

There wasn't much attention given to them this week, so I had a feeling that they were safe.  Their only real mistake that I could see was leaving the site of the Roadblock too soon.  Other than that, Cindy did said Roadblock quickly enough, they did the Detour well, and they actually knew to look for the skulls among the lions.

The fruit balancing knocked them down, but they were lucky that Jazmine & Danielle made their mistakes.  Seventh place for them.

These two are dorky and adorable. Adorkable. They're just so chill, enjoying the race and enjoying each other. Maybe too chill. If they raised their game a little bit they could be contenders.

• Love 1

Like the other teams, they cleared both Roadblocks very easily.  I give them mad props for clearing the Bust a Crab Detour on their first try, too.

If not for their incompetent cabbie, they'd have finished fourth, but had to settle for fifth instead.

Well, they're gone.  And I have to point the finger of blame squarely at Rick for it.  He lost time at the Roadblock, then nixed Cindy's idea to get a cab to take to the Ship Detour.  From there, they struggled long enough for every team who arrived later (Tanner & Josh, Logan & Chris, and Denise & James Earl) to pass them up.  Add that to Rick's boneheaded idea to stay on the train making two stops vs. Denise & James Earl's direct train, and it was all over by just a bit.

I do wish them well, though, and will sort of miss them.

Also, if you automatically assume that Rotterdam and Amsterdam are the same place, based on no evidence at all, and then pass the Rotterdam train stop even though your clue says "Go to Rotterdam," you deserve to go home. Bye.

• Love 4
Chyna, on 07 Nov 2015 - 3:26 PM, said:

Also, if you automatically assume that Rotterdam and Amsterdam are the same place, based on no evidence at all, and then pass the Rotterdam train stop even though your clue says "Go to Rotterdam," you deserve to go home. Bye.

Eh, that ultimately didn't hurt them much (though it was cringe-worthy), so I wouldn't ding them too much for it.