Type keyword(s) to search

Beyond the Cape: Cast in Other Roles

Trini
  • Start Topic

LOL - Kevin Smith's shameless nepotism strikes again: 'Melissa Benoist Joins "Masters of the Universe: Revolution" Cast as Teela'

The continuation of Kevin Smith's Emmy nominated animated series will premiere on Netflix globally in 2024

EL SEGUNDO, Calif., - March 8, 2022 - Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT) announced today that Melissa Benoist (HBO Max's upcoming Girls on the Bus) joins the voice cast of the acclaimed He-Man adaptation, Masters of the Universe: Revolution, as the heroine, Teela. Fresh off her run as the titular superhero Kara Danvers/Kara Zor-El in the hit CW show Supergirl, Benoist joins Revolution's all-star cast which includes Chris Wood as He-Man, Emmy nominee Mark Hamill as Skeletor, and William Shatner in a still-to-be announced role.

Just in time for International Women's Day, today's news marks Benoist's third collaboration with Kevin Smith, having previously appeared in the films Jay and Silent Bob Reboot and Clerks III. Benoist's role as Teela will mark her second time working with husband Chris Wood, who appeared in the earlier seasons of Supergirl as Mon-El.

"I jumped at the opportunity to work alongside my friend, Kevin Smith and join the Revolution family as another bold and fearless heroine," said Melissa Benoist. "I look forward to sharing the next evolution of Teela's story with fans."

(edited)

Nicole Maines talks about her latest collaboration with DC and her guest role on The Flash in this interview: https://www.ign.com/articles/supergirl-nicole-maines-dreamer-graphic-novel-bad-dream

... With Maines' return coming up in the episode "Wildest Dreams," we were curious how it felt to revisit the character in live-action one more time.

"This is the thing: I will always say yes to Dreamer," Maines says. "Sometimes that results in me having way too much work to do, working on the graphic novel and Lazarus Planet and filming The Flash all at the same time while doing Yellowjackets. I had a moment where I was like, 'Why do I think feel like I'm dying? Oh, maybe because you need to stop saying yes so much,' but I can't. I can't stop saying yes to Dreamer because I'm so excited about her and I'm so excited to see her appearing in all the places that she's been appearing. ...

Nicole/Dreamer/Nia will be in The Flash season 9, episode 7; it airs March 29th.

Edited by Trini