Type keyword(s) to search

Sarah's Marathon Diary: 'I Think Sean Penn Would Be The Greatest!'

This is not the Battle of Shaker Heights one with Amy Smart and Shia Ledoof ?- female writer of the screenplay [?]. Perhaps it is and casting hasn't started? I always loved that Moore was such an indiscriminate hater before 'hater' was even a term. His rants seemed the most valid of any reality star in history.

I also did a rewatch of season 1 and am about to do season 2 and I agree that it totally holds up.

Also, interesting to see what a good grasp both Ben and Matt had on the different aspects of the filmmaking process.

I always wonder.how Bonnie Hunt felt knowing she was basically the last actress in Hollywood considered for the part.

Wow this is just so amazing that you are doing this rewatch Sarah!

I don't think I ever watched season 1 but I somehow vaguely recall "stolen summer" which I definitely never saw ... So I don't know.

But the point is season 2 the Shia la beouf season I actually own on DVD because it was that awesome and I cannot wait until you get to it.

Thanks for doing this Sarah and totally OT I live for youe 90210 again with this podcasts with Tara. If there is a more perfect distillation of my need for nostalgia from my college years I cannot think of it.

Re: Bonnie Hunt's feelings, it's kind of a wonder that any actor agreed to participate in this first season. It made more sense in S2 when the main cast were young performers who could (mostly) only benefit from the exposure, but for Hunt and Quinn the deal was pretty rough - low pay, untested writer/director, you'll be extensively documented, and you will eventually see how other people react to you when you're not around.

I'm guessing they didn't think so much about that latter part especially. It was so long ago!

I just finished watching S1 for the first time last night, and what a clusterfuck! I agree with Chris Moore that the whole process needed a firmer hand. Of course making a studio movie, even a tiny studio movie, is very different from making a movie on credit cards and dreams! 

• Love 1