Type keyword(s) to search

We Don't Even Know What's Chasing Us!

• Start Topic

I agree. While I find the parts about surviving in a world where all the artificial systems of society have broken down, the part where it all starts to fall apart is always more thrilling for me. and while I'm still quite invested in TWD, I'm very much looking forward to this show.

Heeeeeee, Mark's article made me think of Shaun of the Dead.  The first 30 minutes were hilarious as the main characters remained totally oblivious to the zombies, in full apocalyptic mode, all around them.

If they can't sustain the "WTF is happening here?" theme into the second season, maybe they could find a way to address some of the other issues shortchanged in the original show.  Er, can you build a dramatic hour around someone sifting through a pile of corpses trying to find prescription eyeglasses after the last drop of contact lens solution is gone? 

• Love 1

That's a good read and he hits on the main point - we get to start the zombie-pocalypse with these people.  We get to experience what its like for people who don't know what the hell is going on, right at first.   And he's right, at first, with no knowledge of just why the hell these dead people are reanimating and eating live people and animals - and that normal mortally wounding injuries (aside from head shots) don't kill the dead - that would be beyond terrifying to have to try and live through. 

I do have an issue with the author of that article dropping TWD at the end of s3, though.  Like, seriously dude?!  F the Governor and your weak ass mental resolve that lets you get 'bored' with humanity and its trials a few months after the start of an apocalyptic event.  TWD was never meant to be a show to draw viewers in, from the jump, by using a this is how it all started 'hook'.  Writing what he did was the same as basically admitting he doesn't realize what the core concept and ideals behind TWD really is.

Edited by iRarelyWatchTV36
  • Love 1