Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: Daughters

Also, even if a couple were thinking of having more kids biologically through pregnancy, if their older kids were almost adults at 17 I could see them asking them their opinion. It wouldn't be the only deciding factor but it wouldn't hurt to discuss and see where they're at. It's different than asking a 3 year old if it's ok to have another baby. And even in that case, you really should be having conversations with your 3 year old about the coming baby - not preparing them to be ok with it is asking for trouble at any age.

• Love 1

I almost choked at Stef saying that Brandon has always done the right thing.

My roommate and I simultaneously burst into indignant yell-laughter at this. Brandon has pretty. much. NEVER! done the right thing! Unintentional comic gold...

Also thought that his "sorry to hear that buddy" to Jude was a nice enough but kind of a basic level reaction to finding out that Jude was having a bad day, but Stef acted like he'd shown the ultimate act of human compassion.

Ha, yesssss! Maybe because a typical Brandon reaction would be to say, "Oh yeah, you think YOU'RE having a bad day?!", it struck her as especially selfless for him to offer a dead-eyed platitude and plod upstairs.

• Love 1
With regards to the bolded, this is exactly why I can't help going back to Rita's comment in S2, that Callie is self-destructive. She says she wants to be a part of the Fosters, she certainly gives that impression at times but then things like above, or even making out with Brandon in S1 right after being told by Stef and Lena that they wanted to adopt her and Jude makes me question that. It's like on some level maybe she is trying to sabotage things. I don't think it's to be with Brandon but it's almost like she feels comfortable in the victim role - the "woe is me, I'll never be adopted". If she gets everything she wants, what will she have to be unhappy about?

I think Callie has intimacy issues, which is why she keeps blowing up her relationships and her adoption and her life.  Blow it all up before she gets rejected/disappointed/hurt, as though it's less painful that way.  That's also why she keeps being attracted to inappropriate relationships - she knows they can't work out because of the circumstances, so it's got a built-in fail from the start - she has to keep her feelings in check because she knows it won't work out, so theoretically, she's less hurt when it does fail.

I think Stef's comment about Brandon always doing the right thing was specifically about the way he treats all his brothers and sisters. He's never complained or made any fuss about them being brought in, he never expects to be treated better than them, and he's always regarded them as brothers and sisters.

I think Stef gave him the out to tell Mike he doesn't want him to foster AJ because she's pretty confident Brandon won't do that.

I think Callie/Brandon is on Callie's part a self-destructive thing. If it's not why did she turn down living with Robert with would give her a secure home and a chance to be with Brandon?

Edited by jaytee1812