Type keyword(s) to search

"Visting the Corners of the DC Universe": What Does It Mean?

• Start Topic

Marc Guggenheim said at Comic-Con:

One of the great things about the show is we get a chance to visit all these different corners of the DC Universe, not just in 2016 but throughout all time

Let's take him literally and proceed with the assumption he really means the corners of the DCU and not necessarily of the real world/real history. Where does this lead him, the writers, and the show?  

Clearly we're going to see Vandal Savage in different periods. But I hope Guggenheim is alluding to more than just that. "Corners of the DC Universe" seems like a pretty specific thing to say. Speculate! Or just talk about what you WANT to see.

I vote for visiting Jonah Hex.  This NEEDS to happen--and actually HAS recently, apparently--I know that from the new style DC logo and the new 52 branding here. But it needs to be what's represented below PLUS this time traveling team in the mix as well.

2944943-0.jpg

What else?  Say it!!!

Edited by Kromm

Well it also just occurred to me this could mean the first appearance of The Legion of Superheroes in live action since Smallville. Sans all the Superboy/man references, but they could throw us a bone and toss images of Melissa Benoist's version of Supergirl into the mix in the background inside whatever (almost obligatory) future museum we see if the team visits this future (and Supergirl also being a Legionnaire in place of Superboy in some versions).

Just that they're from a known series of sword-and-sorcery novels, but thanks to a brief guest appearance in Wonder Woman (and maybe their 5-issue run in their own book), they count as DC canon. It's just kind of an amusing fluke.

Just that they're from a known series of sword-and-sorcery novels, but thanks to a brief guest appearance in Wonder Woman (and maybe their 5-issue run in their own book), they count as DC canon. It's just kind of an amusing fluke.

Oh!  I read the wiki entry on them and they didn't seem too far from the description of other would be heroes so I wondered if I'd missed something (which obviously I did - the part that they were in a series of books, not comics initially)