Type keyword(s) to search

Pixels (2015)

• Start Topic

Yes, I saw it in 3D. Please don't judge me.

That being said....it wasn't that bad. Not exactly good but not Jack and Jill bad or That's My Boy bad. Around the vein of Bedtime Stories, if anything. Josh Gad and Peter Dinklage were definitely the better parts of the movie.

• Love 2

Yeah the ending with QBert was stupid, and they never bothered to explain how the cheat codes worked (just like they never explained how and why the stories in Bedtime Stories came to life). But again, I've seen worse Adam Sandler movies.

• Love 1

Because I hate myself, I watched Pixels this weekend. I just wanted to see video game characters destroying shit, man. And on that front, the movie delivered. But the old-school stereotypical gamer sexism really took away a lot of the enjoyment for me. I thought that maybe it was just me, so it was gratifying to see a number of movie critics pick up on it too. I don't know why I'm so surprised though, because it is an Adam Sandler movie. 

I really enjoyed this movie!! It's a typical Sandler/James movie so if you don't like them you may not enjoy this but I happen to love those guys! Is everything they do great, of course not but then every actor has crap movies! On another note it has Hannah from PLL as Lady Lisa, she is so pretty(like what I did there?) Anyway it was a great fun movie and Q-Bert was soooo adorable!

Okay, I won't shame anyone for SEEING this movie, but (as much as I wouldn't urge the shortcuts usually) I hope people didn't fork over 14 or 15 bucks for it.  I hope at the very least you found cheap showings/theaters.  If you did something else naughty, well... who am I to judge? I mean Adam Sandler not getting your money is a shame, but...

As far as I'm concerned, any movie that stars Adam Sandler and casts Kevin James as the President of the United States is a piece of shit. Sean Bean, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage and Brian Cox deserve much better.

• Love 1