Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E16: Walking In My Shoes

MegaJ

Zoe (Ana Golija) works lunch duty at the school where she has to serve peers who are angry with her over the fundraising scandal. Frankie (Sara Waisglass) gets caught cheating in school, and she must decide between doing the right thing, or saving face with her parents. Connor (A.J. Saudin) and Jenna (Jessica Tyler) are tasked with finding out why wolves keeping attacking Toronto high schools during lunchtime variety shows. Imogen (Cristine Prosperi) struggles with Jack’s (Niamh Wilson) honesty about her sexuality.

Finally got around to seeing this.

I just got around to watching this. I'm glad that the problems for the last few episodes have been minor teenage stuff, it'll probably ramp back into high gear once the gang stuff starts again.

It was nice seeing Zoe vulnerable. Despite the Alpha Bitch attitude, she cares way too much about people think of her. I think it's a given that she won't get serious punishment for Degrassi Nudes, but I like that she's paying for it. Oh and Zoe/Miles part two? Whatever.

Tristan's line about the "porkers" wanting french fries all the time? Eat a fucking dick.

Jackogen had to end. If Jack was unwilling to come out, then there was nothing Imogen could do to change her mind. I know she's not afraid of her parents being religious nuts but I do get her reasoning. Not so much as being seen as their little girl but not wanting to rock the boat and change their dynamic. It's sad, but Imogen would be better off with someone who was out.

Not much to say about the cheating plot other than it was nice and down to Earth. Winston's house of cards came tumbling down spectacularly. And Sara Waisglass is a good cryer.

• Love 2
(edited)

Did I space out and miss the Jenna/Connor plot, or was it just not there?

I wish Imogen could have a girlfriend who she doesn't have to give up herself to be with.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 1

Oh my God, I hate Winston.

I like the actress who plays Zoe but the comedy bit in the beginning didn't really work for her. I did enjoy the shenanigans with the cell phones but wasn't a plot line earlier that they were broke and that's why she desperately needed to book an acting job? How could she afford a bunch of pre-paid phones?

I'm glad Zoe has a friend again but I'm never going to like Miles and if they revive the Miles/Maya/Zoe/Zig debacle I don't know what I'll do.

They handled the Jack/Imogen thing pretty well. I appreciated that she was trying to be supportive because so tired of plotlines forcing people out of the closet when they're not ready. Someone else should not get to decide that for you. It felt right that things just kept building up to the point that she at least wanted to push the issue and have a conversation. I still think this seems like fabricated drama but it's going OK so far.