Type keyword(s) to search

Monty's Marathon Diary: Imaginary Aliens

Wow, thank you for the name and picture of Judge Reinhold! Decades ago I saw some cheesy TV movie starring him, but I could only remember his face and the PLOT TWIST at the end -- nothing else -- so I couldn't look it up. I finally have a name!

Aww, only one more diary left. :-(

Ah, so Wonder Woman's Mime Face Rick Springfield was a harbinger of True Detective's Plastic Surgery (or whatever weirdness) Face Rick Springfield. Thinking of it this way takes a bit of the edge off my mourning for the General Hospital-era Rick Springfield upon whom I crushed back in the day.

My recollections of individual WW episodes are fuzzy at best, but I'm in love with this Marathon Diary.

For those of us who actually have souls and hearts and and rightly* think it is the most important part of the whole episode (random Rick Springfield aside), here is Diana singing in "Amazon Hot Wax":

The songs are from Lynda Carter's album "Portrait" which came out around the same time--nice of the show to plug her album, I guess. SURE, I guess if what you want from an ACTION SHOW is stuff like superheroes beating stuff up instead of women standing around singing, it might not be your thing, but nice nonetheless. ;p

She is still an active professional singer and finished a tour in April.

It would be unfeminist if Diana Prince were a nebbish. ;) (Also, her "secret" identity calls back to Mod Wonder Woman in the early 70s comics. :) )

Sadly, I think this series ends on a whimper rather than a bang... both looking forward to and dreading the final set, but this Diary has been a fun read so far!

* Your mileage may considerably vary